• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Submitting 190 application without PCC?

B117

Timeline missing
Hi all,

Hope you are all well.

I'm currently on a Temporary Graduate visa - Subclass 485. I have been nominated to apply for Skilled Nominated visa - Subclass 190 for the state of Victoria on November 18th, 2021 and so soon after started with the process. Once I, completed filling in the information, I was asked to upload documents for which I have uploaded all but one which is Police Clearance Check (PCC) from India as I do not possess this document currently. So I have already applied for PCC but been advised that due to lockdown restrictions they have been experiencing delays and are currently lagging which means my application make take up to 8 weeks to be processed. Considering it does take 8 weeks means by the time my application has been cleared, it will not be before the week of 17th January 2022, however, my current temporary residence (485 Graduate Visa) expires on December 24th, 2021. As there is a requirement of uploading all documents before completion of the subclass 190 visa, I was wondering what are my feasible options here so I have a valid visa post the expiration of the graduate 485 visa on 24th December?

Thanks.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Can you apply for Second Post-Study Work stream graduate visa? You just got nomination from Victoria, it'll take time for them to process your nomination and issue an invitation even after you upload necessary documents. And you'll only get a bridging visa once you submit 190 visa application after you get that invitaiton.

So, I think you'd need to get another visa if you can't lodge your 190 visa application by 24th December.

B117

Timeline missing
Can you apply for Second Post-Study Work stream graduate visa? You just got nomination from Victoria, it'll take time for them to process your nomination and issue an invitation even after you upload necessary documents. And you'll only get a bridging visa once you submit 190 visa application after you get that invitaiton.

So, I think you'd need to get another visa if you can't lodge your 190 visa application by 24th December.
Hi,

Thanks for your response. To start off, unfortunately, I'm not eligible for a second Post-Study work stream graduate visa and moving on to invitation and nomination, the Victorian government has already nominated me and I'm currently in the process of applying with DIBP. I have completed the writing part of my application(filling the form) and am currently in the process of uploading documents. I have uploaded all except Australia Federal Check and PCC from India. AFP have cleared everything and are mailing the completed police check so which essentially leaves me with just one document required which is the PCC from India.

Thanks.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Wait, maybe I misunderstood. So you are saying you already got nominated by VIC, got invitation against your EOI, and now you are in the process of lodging 190 visa application? In that case, I don't think you have anything to worry. Just go ahead and lodge your visa application, upload all the documents in hand, for PCC upload proof that you applied and attach a letter explaining the delay. Once you lodge your visa application, you should receive BV even if your PCC is pending.

B117

Timeline missing
Wait, maybe I misunderstood. So you are saying you already got nominated by VIC, got invitation against your EOI, and now you are in the process of lodging 190 visa application? In that case, I don't think you have anything to worry. Just go ahead and lodge your visa application, upload all the documents in hand, for PCC upload proof that you applied and attach a letter explaining the delay. Once you lodge your visa application, you should receive BV even if your PCC is pending.
Yes, that is correct, I have got my invitation against my EOI so now when I go to my EOI, besides the State Nomination, there is an option 'Apply Visa'. Please see the below image.

1637463714248.png

So in this instance, I can just submit my application and provide justification as to why not all documents are uploaded and that I will upload the required document as soon as I have receive it?

Thanks and I really appreciate your assistance and advice. :)

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
So in this instance, I can just submit my application and provide justification as to why not all documents are uploaded and that I will upload the required document as soon as I have receive it?
Yes. Just apply for visa will all available documents and a justification (along with proof that you submitted PCC application) for missing documents.

In my understanding, that should be enough and you should get a BV which should allow you to stay in Australia until your new visa application is processed, even after your current visa expires.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.