• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Submitting new EOI in different occupation

EssamAli9

Wanderer
Timeline missing
I assessed for 261312 positively (15 points for qualifications and 15 points for experience).

But I think I can reassess my qualifications and experience as a software engineer 261313 (I think the result will be positive also)
and submit another EOI, if this will increase my chance to get invited.

Is it a good idea, or the two occupation in the same group (2613) with the same quota

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Right, I don't think that will do any good, rather your EOI will fall further behind because of new submission date.

Also, the quota you are talking about (skillselect occupation ceiling) does not apply for Subclass 190.

EssamAli9

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Thank you,

But do I have a chance to be invited ? and when this could happen ?

My points as follows:
15 points: Educations
15 points: Experience
25 points: Age (39)
0 points: English (IELTS: L:7.5, R:6.5, W:6.5, S:6.5, Overal:7)

I submitted EOI for Developer Programmer (261312) in 17, Feb 2016.

Timeline missing
Thank you,

But do I have a chance to be invited ? and when this could happen ?

My points as follows:
15 points: Educations
15 points: Experience
25 points: Age (39)
0 points: English (IELTS: L:7.5, R:6.5, W:6.5, S:6.5, Overal:7)

I submitted EOI for Developer Programmer (261312) in 17, Feb 2016.

With 60 points (including 5p SS) and IELTS English of 6 for 2613 IT occupation, I just want to be realistic with you. Do you have chance to be invited by July? For sure, but small chance- that's my 2 cents.
1) When are you turning to 40 years?
2) You are so closer, why don't you invest your time to improve the English score (IELTS or PTE-A) ? I encourage you to do this, you would have 70p by getting 10p extra points, chances would be really hugely improved! Think about that.

EssamAli9

Wanderer
Timeline missing
With 60 points (including 5p SS) and IELTS English of 6 for 2613 IT occupation, I just want to be realistic with you. Do you have chance to be invited by July? For sure, but small chance- that's my 2 cents.
1) When are you turning to 40 years?
2) You are so closer, why don't you invest your time to improve the English score (IELTS or PTE-A) ? I encourage you to do this, you would have 70p by getting 10p extra points, chances would be really hugely improved! Think about that.

thank you very much for your replay.
1) I will turn 39 in next May (my birth date is: 15-5-1977) so likely I still have time.
2) Unfortunately I tried IELTS 4 times and this is the best score I got (I have a real problem in writing). And still I'm trying. I have a PTE exam next month.

So, to be sure about your answer. You confirm that it is more likely to get NSW nomination by July and hence my points will be 60, and I'll have good chance to be invited
Is this true?

But, this means that any one with 55 points and 2613 IT occupation could get nominated, this confuses me. What about the quota, there is a maximum number for NSW nomination (4000)?
Second, what is the effect of the new financial year which will start in July (2016-2017) on my situation ?

Timeline missing
1) I will turn 39 in next May (my birth date is: 15-5-1977) so likely I still have time.
2) Unfortunately I tried IELTS 4 times and this is the best score I got (I have a real problem in writing). And still I'm trying. I have a PTE exam next month.

So, to be sure about your answer. You confirm that it is more likely to get NSW nomination by July and hence my points will be 60, and I'll have good chance to be invited
Is this true?

But, this means that any one with 55 points and 2613 IT occupation could get nominated, this confuses me. What about the quota, there is a maximum number for NSW nomination (4000)?
Second, what is the effect of the new financial year which will start in July (2016-2017) on my situation ?

Ooh, so you should have no problems with the age points factor for this fiscal year, you are good then till next year (July/17).

Nobody can predict about your chances with 55p for this fiscal year or even the next one... About the quota, nobody knows either until they (DIBP) notify this about any delay further notice.

You know what, I attended around 4-6 times IELTS/PTE until I hit the barrier of 7 for each skill. You're doing right, trying additional attempts. If you decide to give up and wait, unfortunely we can't say what your real chances are. Otherwise, with 60p (w/o nomination points) I would say "OK just sit and wait"...

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

Is this true?

To add on top of what Marcos said, anyone would require minimum 60 points to be eligible to apply (this 60 points count includes extra 5 points for state sponsorship fir subclass 190). While having 65 points or more most likely to get you an invitation within first couole of months in most occupations, it's very hard to forecast for 60 points. The reason for the difficulty is there are multiple factors that influence the invitation (e.g. your poit, your occupation, the demand of that occupation, the pending list of applications) and DIBP/States doesn't publish the invitation stats per occupation basis. So there are some occupations where people gets invitation with 60 points relatively quick, whereas there are some occupations where people are waiting for months to get the invitation (with 60 points). So this is pretty tough to comment on, but overall the IT occupations are in high demand among SOL, so you should try to increase your point if possible (that you are already doing with IELTS/PTE which is most appropriate in my opinion, but if that becomes an issue for you, you can check other options like NAATI exam for Credential Community Language point)

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
There is no guarantee, but I always think there are reasons to be optimistic with 65 points. Though last 2 rounds had no invitation for Accountant skill with 65 points, on 17th Feb round, last EOI invited was with 65 points submitted on 23rd Sep, 2015. So when you submitted your EOI should play a role here as well.

Finally, with 68% of the ceiling filled up, the occupation should not dry out within the year.

RekhaSawant

Timeline missing
Hi Friends,

I applied for subclass 190 in my EOI with 55 points on 22nd Nov 2015 for Developer Programmer - 261312 and awaiting to get Nominated by NSW. Can anyone please help to know when I can expect the EOI response or who apply before with 55+5 (NSW state sponsorship) and got response at what date?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skilled - Subclass 190(NSW) | Developer Programmer - 261312

ACS +ve Outcome
PTE(A) Results (Overall - 5)
22/11/2015 - EOI Submitted for NSW with 55 pts + 5 pts(State Nomination)

Timeline missing
Hi Friends,

I applied for subclass 190 in my EOI with 55 points on 22nd Nov 2015 for Developer Programmer - 261312 and awaiting to get Nominated by NSW. Can anyone please help to know when I can expect the EOI response or who apply before with 55+5 (NSW state sponsorship) and got response at what date?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skilled - Subclass 190(NSW) | Developer Programmer - 261312

ACS +ve Outcome
PTE(A) Results (Overall - 5)
22/11/2015 - EOI Submitted for NSW with 55 pts + 5 pts(State Nomination)

Do you have English band 5 equivalent?? You never will be invited even with 60p (including 5p for SS). Try to increase your english band skills to 6 or even 7 to gain 10p extra points.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.