• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Guide Submitting visa application: step by step guide (Subclass 189)

Rahul11

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hello group members,

I'm new here.
I have received an invitation. I have a query that I claimed 10 points (5-8 years overseas) for my work experience as I worked from Sep 2014 to Dec 2020. However, in my EOI I have not added the end date of my employment. When I submitted the EOI last year, I was working so put that space empty. It went out of my mind to update the work history although I have updated other personal details in March this year.
My worry is that will it create any problem in my visa application when I show my employment till Dec 20? as no end date is mentioned in EOI? Although it won't affect my points (I claimed 10 points for 5-8 years and I have above 6 years experience in Dec 2020)?

Please help as I'm very tensed.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Although you should have updated your EOI when you left the job in Dec 2020, I believe it won’t create any issue in your situation because it wouldn’t change your point or DOE had you updated.

Rahul11

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Although you should have updated your EOI when you left the job in Dec 2020, I believe it won’t create any issue in your situation because it wouldn’t change your point or DOE had you updated.
Thanks a ton for clarifying @MysticRiver

I was not made aware by my employer due to the Covid situation as I was working from home. I took unpaid leave due to family circumstances in Dec 20 however, not able to start after March 21 as my employer stopped operations because of Covid.

My concern is that will CO can refuse on the reason the end date not mentioned in EOI (incorrect or information not updated) or it is only for the points calculation solely and will not be an issue?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
As I said, I believe you won’t face any major issue due to this mistake, as it did not give you any additional benefit at any stage based on what I gathered from your post (btw, which subclass are you applying? If it’s state-spinsored, is there any additional benefits you got for state nomination based on those extra few months?).

DOE = Date of Effect. This is the last date you have updated your EOI that involves any point change. When multiple applicants stand in the same score, DOE acts as tiebreaker for 189.

Rahul11

Wanderer
Timeline missing
As I said, I believe you won’t face any major issue due to this mistake, as it did not give you any additional benefit at any stage based on what I gathered from your post (btw, which subclass are you applying? If it’s state-spinsored, is there any additional benefits you got for state nomination based on those extra few months?).

DOE = Date of Effect. This is the last date you have updated your EOI that involves any point change. When multiple applicants stand in the same score, DOE acts as tiebreaker for 189.
I have received for offshore 491 and nominated by Darwin NT.

I don't think so it gave me any additional benefits in state nomination. They have a criteria that applicant must be working in nominated occupation for 12 months in the last 24 months prior to application.
I was working when I applied in March 2020 I was working. I got nomination some days back.

Will it be okay?

Rahul11

Wanderer
Timeline missing

Hi,

I updated in March this year with points decreased as I got married in March and 10 points reduced. however, forgot to update the employment as well as my employer was not clear at that time.

Is it ok with DOE (date of effect) criteria?

This is a long thread with lots of replies. For better visibility and response, consider posting in a new thread unless your topic is closely related to the subject of this thread.
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.