Info Things to for Initial Entry

helping.hand

Timeline missing
Hi,

I read in this forum the TO DO list one needs to do during his first entry.
The list is quite big. Need some inputs on things, which should be done and things which can wait, till permanent move.

Have some questions on medicare,

1.Is medicare registration a must , even if private insurance is opted.
2.Can medicare registration wait for permanent move, as i read if you are out of Australia for 12 months, we need to re-register. Is it correct?
2. If medicare is done after permanent move(After initial entry), are any more medical tests done or is it a straightforward process.

Last edited:

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Truth to tell, nothing is a must. It's completely fine not to do anything on your first visit unless you need some. For example, if you want to make a bank transfer before your subsequent visit, you may want to open a bank account on your first visit (though you can open an account online with some bank).

helping.hand

Timeline missing
Truth to tell, nothing is a must. It's completely fine not to do anything on your first visit unless you need some. For example, if you want to make a bank transfer before your subsequent visit, you may want to open a bank account on your first visit (though you can open an account online with some bank).

@MysticRiver
Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, found some links where you can open online accounts.
Could you also share some advice on the medicare questions above? I am bit confused here.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
No issue in registering for Medicare once you move permanently.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.