- 190 (VIC)
- This question is regarding with application for my brother.
Before my question, let me explain some background about his application first.
My brother has SUCCESSFUL TRA skill assessment in Electronic Equipment Trades Worker (342313).
We applied using his Singapore Diploma and working experiences in Singapore.
It stated that "For the purposes of this skills assessment, TRA considers that the applicant was first able to commence work in skilled employment in the nominated occupation from 11 June 2009."
His PTE result is only band 6. (unable to claim point).
He is doing degree right now in Kaplan, University of South Australia and going to graduate in May this year.
Right now, his points are
age - 30pts
successful skill assessment with diploma - 10pts
work experience - 10pts (more than 5 years)
english - 0 pts
My question is
1) Can he use his bachelor degree to claim 15 points when he graduate in May together with his work experience 10 points from TRA assessment? (15 + 10)
2) Since the bachelor degree didn't go through the TRA skill assessment, is it ok to claim points? I have checked his course is accredited by Engineer Australia.
3) TRA has MPA (Migration point advice) process that can suggest for point claim. However, when I contact TRA, they said to check with DIBP if my case would be needed MPA. I can't find any email to contact to DIBP.
- If any of you encounter similar situation, kindly drop a suggestion.
Both his degree and diploma are in Electronic major.
thanks in advance for all the valuable advices.