• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

unusual email from Engineers australia

gagan

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Dear Admin,

Please help.

I got a similar email from donotreply@engineersaustralia.org.au.

Stating

Dear Mr Gagan Singh,

Our records indicate the application you have chosen to cancel your MSA CDR application.

You will need to submit a new application if you want to continue with the assessment process.

Kind regards,

Engineers Australia

Please do not reply to this message

This happened when I was going through relevant skilled employement option in portal , after I have received positive assesment from EA. I begin the secondary options two times and after it , i cancelled the secondary applications two times.

Now secondary applications ie PhD option, skilled employment assesment option have been disabled from the portal.

Please let me know if everything is alright. Tension is going through.

waiting for reply.
B.Rgds
Gaganneet.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if the email was not a spam, it might be the case that during those cancellation, you selected some options by mistake.

Even if the email is real, you don't need to worry because, as stated in the email, they were asking for confirmation (not yet cancelled).

The best course of action will be, contact Engineers Australia and seek their advice

gagan

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Tnks alot mystic,

I will contact them.

Jst lastly one more query, the positive assesment letter which I received from EA will be valid? I think it doesn't affect my positive letter of assessment. I just cancelled my secondary application.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure what exactly you did, but if you tried to apply for extra relevant skill assessment and then cancel it, your original migration assessment shouldn't be cancelled. That's my opinion.

gagan

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi mystic ,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, after assesment comes positive ,

In EA portal,stating need something extra.

And three options are enabled - relavant skilled employement assessment, PhD option etc.

I clicked on skilled employement option,

After that a page comes and there it was written

Ur primary application is this( the CDR application for which I got positive assesment)

And secondary application was coming ( begin relevant skilled employement)

I clicked on begin and exited. Then one application ID got generated for that.

Two options came, resume and cancel the application. I cancelled. And same process got repeated one more times..

After cancelling application, first time I received the email as stated above and same email second time after cancelling application again.

After that those three extra options , secondary services skilled employment and PhD option got disabled from the portal.

This is wt exactly happened.
Little worried.

Thanks
Gagan

gagan

Wanderer
Timeline missing
hi mystic,

thnks for answering queries. really thankful to u :)

i didn't contacted engineers Australia. but i verified my letter online on engineers Australia verification portal and it is coming fine. so i dont think contacting them ?.

one more query mystic,

i have lodged my EOI application for 489 visa on 21st April. following is the points distribution. (60 POINTS)

age-25 pts
education- 15 pts(+ assessment from EA, category - Telecom Network engineer - 263312)
state sponsor- 10 pts(NSW)
eng -10 pts( cleared PTE with 65+ in each module)

so any hope of getting visa invitation ? if you have any idea?

thnks
gagan

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Nobody can answer this with confidence as DIBP does not reveal occupation wise statistics for state sponsored categories. In general, NSW is very popular destination, hence very competitive, so you might have to wait long period of time with 60 points, before you get invitation.

By the way, just in case you have any confusion regarding the difference between subclass 190 and 489, you can read the post below:

http://www.migrationdesk.com/threads/sub-class-489-state-sponsored-regional-visa.41421/

gagan

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi mystic, thanks for the reply.

After July, my work experience will be more than 3 years( 5 points for work exp)
.so i m thinking of applying 190 visa after July, as it is permanent visa. and in November month i will be eligible for 189 visa as i will get 5 points for my age on 25th November.

what do you suggest, the best possible visa?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Ofcourse, 189 is the best category. However, in some occupation, it's currently tough to get invitation with 60 points. In that case I'd suggest to apply in 190 to have extra 5 points, much better than waiting a long time in 189. 190 has few limitations, but in practice, you will experience very subtle difference for those. Also processing time in 190 is generally faster than 189.

In any case, avoid 489 if you can.

gagan

Wanderer
Timeline missing
ok..thnks mystic. i have decided if i will get visa invitation in next one month, i will go with 489 visa, otherwise, i will wait till July end, to claim my 5 points for my work exp.

mystic one more thing, i haven't done separate employment skill assessment from EA, just CDR assessment but i mentioned all my employment history, as it is not three years of work exp as of now . do i need to undergo again relevant skilled employment assessment or straight i can claim points after july month.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.