Urgent - Can I change my job while waiting for 190 grant in Victoria , Australia?

roydenrahul02

Timeline missing
Hi,

I am currently waiting for my grant 190 in Victoria, Australia. However, I would like to change my job while waiting for my grant. Job is in the same state and same industry. Will this affect my PR application adversely ?

P.S - I am currently on my 485 Visa.

Last edited:

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Unless it's against your 485 visa condition, it should be fine.

boshng95

Timeline missing
I am also wating for my grant 190 in Victoria, Australia. But I am seeking to change my job to a different industry with same state and same occupation. Is that going to affect my PR application negatively? Need a legal perpective.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
But I am seeking to change my job to a different industry with same state and same occupation. Is that going to affect my PR application negatively?
I am not a lawyer, so it's not a legal advice. But my opinion is, not at all.

roydenrahul02

Timeline missing
I am also wating for my grant 190 in Victoria, Australia. But I am seeking to change my job to a different industry with same state and same occupation. Is that going to affect my PR application negatively? Need a legal perpective.
Hi mate, I emailed the Vic immi department and what they told me was that it shouldn't be a problem. If you change your job you don't need to notify them at all. All you have to do is update your details on your DOHA immi account and should be fine.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.