CO
2019-12-13
PCC
2019-07-15
HC
2019-08-12
Hi, I have one issue and I need your help. I really can't afford an agent 😔😔
I am a registered nurse (nec), currently residing in WA
I have eoi lodged January 2019 with 70points, visa 189.
I am moving to Melbourne end of July as I got a one-year contract in hospital.
My question is:
1. How to Lodge EOI for Victoria 190. I know that lodging EOI is sufficient for nurse who want to apply 190. But, my eoi is for visa 189. How can I swap to 190
I really not 100% sure the process of applying state sponsorship. I looked online, it stated I don't need confirmation of employment for nursing. So, what should I do now? Anyone please help 😁

Brenning

Wanderer
Timeline missing
I'm hoping this is the correct topic for anyone asking for opinions on invite times after EOI? If not, happy for a mod to move this post.

Can anyone offer any estimates on my 190 invite times for the following:

State: Vic
ANZCO: 263111 (Computer Network & Systems Engineer)
Nationality: British
Current residence: Australia (Melbourne)
Have family here who are Citizens (Does not count towards points though)
WHV Expires: End of October 2019

I've not actually applied for the EOI yet as I'm waiting for my skill assessment to come back from ACS, expected within the next 3 weeks. I'm aware no-one can offer any gurantees, just looking for opinions especially if others have been invited with the same ANZCO and points score. Reading around the internet it doesn't look too good in general to be honest.

Hi
I am not sure about the invite as I'm also in the same situation with EOI effect date 3rd january 2019 but with 75 points under 190 vic with same code 254499. But still not yet received any invite. But a friend of mine got an invite from vic in a single day with 70 points under 190 with ANZSCO 254424. Reason is SS works on the basis of ANZSCO codes which are in demand.
Hi...have u got invite from victoria?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
How to Lodge EOI for Victoria 190. I know that lodging EOI is sufficient for nurse who want to apply 190. But, my eoi is for visa 189. How can I swap to 190
Submit a new EOI.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

rpadman87

MSA
2019-05-30
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2019-06-22
Hi Guys,

I joined the forum recently and would like to know your thoughts regarding my case.
Filed EOI for 190 (75 points with SS) VIC for Software Engineer occupation in June 2019 ? Any idea on the timeframe i can expect an invite ?

is this point sufficient to get an invite at least in the next 6 months?

No.

Not true

I don't think there is a place in EOI where you can include that information.
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I have few more questions. Hope you won't feel annoyed
I updated my EOI. I have 70points for 189 and 75 for 190 visa
One agent in Perth told me that I need 2 years working experience before applied visa 190. But I graduated Dec 2017. I only have casual working experience as a nurse.
On the other hand, I have friend apply for state sponsorship Victoria without working experience. She is registered nurse as well. I not sure who is correct

Secondly, can I include my work contract somewhere in the application? Will it be added advantage to get visa approved?

Is there any specific date that they will send out letter of nomination? Or it is just random date?

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I have few more questions. Hope you won't feel annoyed
I updated my EOI. I have 70points for 189 and 75 for 190 visa
One agent in Perth told me that I need 2 years working experience before applied visa 190. But I graduated Dec 2017. I only have casual working experience as a nurse.
On the other hand, I have friend apply for state sponsorship Victoria without working experience. She is registered nurse as well. I not sure who is correct

Secondly, can I include my work contract somewhere in the application? Will it be added advantage to get visa approved?

Is there any specific date that they will send out letter of nomination? Or it is just random date?
If you completed your studies in Australia, then you don't need experience to apply for state sponsorship. I would advice you to go to the live-in Victoria website and have a read. Because there are different pathways for different circumstances. It's better you get the info yourself than going with hear say. It is quite explanatory on the website. After that, you can then ask specific questions

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
For 189, there is no such requirement.
For 190, it depends on the state and your occupation. Check the corresponding state website and see if there is any sp[ecial condition mentioned against your skill.

can I include my work contract somewhere in the application? Will it be added advantage to get visa approved?
Do you mean the visa application? or nomination? If you claim points, you have to do that.

For 189, there is no such requirement.
For 190, it depends on the state and your occupation. Check the corresponding state website and see if there is any sp[ecial condition mentioned against your skill.

Do you mean the visa application? or nomination? If you claim points, you have to do that.
I am registered nurse (nec). I completed my nursing degree in WA. I got a 1year part time contract in Melbourne hospital, which is about to start in this August. I updated my EOI. So, I am applying both 189 (70points) and Victoria state sponsorship (70+5 points) last week. I knew in order for the nursing to apply state sponsorship in Victoria, I just need to Lodge EOI. But, I want to include my work contract in order to aid in application process. I realized there was no such thing to include my it in eoi. So, at this stage, am I just wait and keep checking the email to see whether I receive Victoria state sponsorship. Sorry for asking non sense question. But, I read through all the website. I just a bit confused and your help really very much appreciated. I can't afford an agent. I have to rely on myself, so I have to make sure I done everything right. Thanks

Chloee

Wanderer
MSA
2018-09-18
Skill
Registered
SC
189 and 190
Point
70/75
EOI
2018-09-20
PCC
2019-07-16
Hi, I am lodging EOI for 189 and 190. However, I don't know how to submit multiple eoi. What I have done is that, I tick 2visas options in one eoi. Am I doing it right? I saw some posts mentions it is good to submit separate visa type with multiple eoi. Can anyone show me how to do this? I have lodged my 189. But I can't see the option to submit another eoi for 190. Or I just update my eoi, by selecting both visa in same eoi?

Iogr

Wanderer
MSA
2019-03-01
Skill
SC
Point
70+5
EOI
2019-04-05
Hi, I am lodging EOI for 189 and 190. However, I don't know how to submit multiple eoi. What I have done is that, I tick 2visas options in one eoi. Am I doing it right? I saw some posts mentions it is good to submit separate visa type with multiple eoi. Can anyone show me how to do this? I have lodged my 189. But I can't see the option to submit another eoi for 190. Or I just update my eoi, by selecting both visa in same eoi?

Hi Chloee,

You can create separate EOIs for different visa types / states. There is a link on home affairs that will redirect you to a EOI creation form. You can use the same email and the system will generate a new EOI ID for you to fill it up and choose any visa type or state you wish to go for.

Basically, this way you can create several EOIs and ensure that you will not get locked out with only 1 EOI if, let's say, you will get an invite from a low prio state (judging it based on your own preferences).

Hope it helps.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
No reason not to. 189 is absolutely free to submit an EOI.

EddieLEEGD

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi All,

I am new here. Just lodge EOI for both 189 and 190 Visa.
Applying for,
Civil Engineering - 233211 80 with SS

Would like to ask few questions.
1. Do i still need to submit any application form through VIC nomination website?
2. Lodging both visa in one EOI will affect the chance of invitation?
3. Based on my score, is there any chance to get invitation?
4. What should i do now?

Regards,
Eddie Lee

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.