• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

VIC Victorian state nomination commitment

sarathkumar

Timeline missing
What happens if one gets Victorian state nomination and got 190 Visa ..but not able to find a job offer in Victoria within two year of compulsory stay in the nominated occupation? Is it possible to go to other state if a job is offered there without completing 2 years of compulsory stay in the nominated state? Your input is much appreciated.
Thanks
Sarath

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I have seen a few who have done that and so far no repercussion is heard. Some of the migration lawyers try to say that this criterion is not legally enforceable, but when I contacted a couple of states they mentioned otherwise.

So, the best thing, in my opinion, would be if you can get an exemption from the state.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if they provide any such. You can tell them you are in hardship because you can't find a job in-state.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.