• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Visa Application - Custodial access or guardianship rights to this child

Timeline missing
Hi Mystic,

I'm not sure if I made a huge mistake or not... On the Application form, when lodged my 190 visa, I answered the following for my daughter under "Child custody details" section :

1- Is this family member a child under 18 years of age? Yes
2- Is this child in the primary applicant's care and legal custody? Yes
3- Does any other person have custodial, access or guardianship rights to this child? No
4- Are there any legal impediments to this child's travel? No

Critical Data Confirmation
Migrating family members
All information provided is important to the processing of this application. If the information included on this page is incorrect, it may lead to denial of permission to board an aircraft to Australia, even if a visa has been granted.
Confirm that the following information is correct and that it is in the correct fields.
Is the above information correct? Yes

For 3) Should I have answered 'Yes' and put my wife's name as well? :confused::(

From the text underlined above, Would my wife have any problems about our daughter's custody during boarding a plane to Australia and/or crossing Oz Immigration ? Just in case I'm not present with them and she brings our child with her, I have concerns about this particular situation. If it is a problem, what do you recommend? Say/notify Immi to change any record history for this (now or probably after granting a visa)?

Thanks!

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Frankly, I am not very much familiar with this particular situation. From my understanding, I would suggest you to email to your CO/Immi stating that you were not totally sure about that question, so request for clarification. I think they will change it if required, without any hassle.

If you plan to notify after grant, you should make the case such that your wife gains that right recently (after visa grant). Otherwise it won't make sense, right?

So, if I were you, I would notify now.

Timeline missing
Hey Mystic,

Good news, I guess.

Looking through the Wife's requirements (for Custody Evidences), I found the following comments:

Provide evidence of any custody, guardianship or parental responsibility arrangements relating to the child. This may include documents such as court orders and adoption papers.
For Visa applications
For each child under the age of 18 not travelling with both parents or legal guardians, one of the following must be provided:

• A court order (or similar) stating you have sole custody of, or responsibility for the child, and the right to determine where the child should live.
  • A letter from each parent or legal guardian not included in the application, that gives permission for the child to be in Australia in your care. This letter should include a copy of the non-travelling parent or guardian's personal particulars (biodata) page of their current passport.

So, I don't think I have an issue but anyway I'll double check with the assigned CO later.

I've uploaded all documents (total of 43) to the Immi system, except PCC and Medicals. :)

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Yaa, I guess that pretty clear. I don't think there will be any issue even if you don't notify them.

However, like you said, I think it's better to get it sorted with CO. From my experience, it's a very minor issue that can be solved without any question.

weiliangng

Commoner
MSA
2015-10-28
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2015-11-21
Inv.
2015-11-23
App.
2015-12-01
CO
2015-12-08
PCC
2015-12-15
HC
2015-12-16
Grant
2016-01-11
Hey Mystic,

Good news, I guess.

Looking through the Wife's requirements (for Custody Evidences), I found the following comments:

Provide evidence of any custody, guardianship or parental responsibility arrangements relating to the child. This may include documents such as court orders and adoption papers.
For Visa applications
For each child under the age of 18 not travelling with both parents or legal guardians, one of the following must be provided:

• A court order (or similar) stating you have sole custody of, or responsibility for the child, and the right to determine where the child should live.
  • A letter from each parent or legal guardian not included in the application, that gives permission for the child to be in Australia in your care. This letter should include a copy of the non-travelling parent or guardian's personal particulars (biodata) page of their current passport.

So, I don't think I have an issue but anyway I'll double check with the assigned CO later.

I've uploaded all documents (total of 43) to the Immi system, except PCC and Medicals. :)
I was going Shhhhh*t :eek::eek::eek: when you posted the previous query, lucky you found this piece of info, thanks so much mate!:D

MSA
2015-10-28
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2015-11-21
Inv.
2015-11-23
App.
2015-12-01
CO
2015-12-08
PCC
2015-12-15
HC
2015-12-16
Grant
2016-01-11
Timeline missing
I was going Shhhhh*t :eek::eek::eek: when you posted the previous query, lucky you found this piece of info, thanks so much mate!:D

Sure.... and sorry for the panic I caused in you, mate. :p

I was very detailed on my application submission, re-read Form 80 and other evidences from the beginning to end, a bunch of times before clicking 'Confirm' :D

weiliangng

Commoner
MSA
2015-10-28
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2015-11-21
Inv.
2015-11-23
App.
2015-12-01
CO
2015-12-08
PCC
2015-12-15
HC
2015-12-16
Grant
2016-01-11
Sure.... and sorry for the panic I caused in you, mate. :p

I was very detailed on my application submission, re-read Form 80 and other evidences from the beginning to end, a bunch of times before clicking 'Confirm' :D
no worries, mate! thanks again for the info :)

its like sitting for an exam with a very long duration... and it came to a point where i just say to myself, "i had enough, i'm submitting this now!" :p

MSA
2015-10-28
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2015-11-21
Inv.
2015-11-23
App.
2015-12-01
CO
2015-12-08
PCC
2015-12-15
HC
2015-12-16
Grant
2016-01-11

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you should send Form 1023 to notify any incorrect answer. It won't have any different impact than the case if you mentioned this initially.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If you have full custody of your children, then you should answer no. Usually, partners have shared guardianship unless a court order can be provided.

Syamjith

Wanderer
MSA
2018-12-10
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2019-01-09
Inv.
2019-01-11
App.
2019-02-27
PCC
2019-02-13
HC
2019-03-16
Hi guys,
I'm in the process of lodging visa and looking for help for the below section:

Is this family member a child under 18 years of age? Yes

Is this child in the primary applicant's care and legal custody? Yes

Does any other person have custodial, access or guardianship rights to this child? ?

Are there any legal impediments to this child's travel? No

What should I be answering for the 3rd question - "Does any other person have custodial, access or guardianship rights to this child?"
My PR application is for me (primary), my wife and our daughter and we plan to move together.

Thanks in advance.

MSA
2018-12-10
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2019-01-09
Inv.
2019-01-11
App.
2019-02-27
PCC
2019-02-13
HC
2019-03-16

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Under normal circumstance, you should answer Yes and add the mother's name as joint guardian.

Anonym7

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hey Mystic,

Good news, I guess.

For Visa applications

Do you uploaded anything for wife's custody? What you informed the CO? Please discuss wording. Also inform have you granted the visa? I want to know the correct answers to these questions in order for clarification. Hence, please inform here.

Anonym7

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hey Mystic,

Good news, I guess.

For Visa applications

Please inform have you uploaded anything here in evidence of custody section?
I am in a similar situation and want to know from your experience. Have you granted visa?

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.