• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Visa application-Subclass 485 Onshore

rubenvswett

Timeline missing
Hi there guys,
Im new here and Just wanted to ask you a couple of questions. I've been living here in AUS for almost 2 years now, and I filled my application, and submitted it for my new visa (485) and submitted it, however I;m having second thoughts about a couple of questions:

Q1. Usual country of residence: I'm originally from Ecuador, so I wrote just that in the application, since I'm still on a temporary student visa and applying for a 485, which is also temporary. But not sure if that;s the right answer anymore cause I've been living here in Brisbane almost 2years now.

Q2. Countries of residency: This is my first experience outside my country so I only filled the questions with two addresses:
From 2009 until feb 2018, my old address in EC
From Feb 2018 until Nov 2019: my current address in AUS. however, I don;t know if I should have detailed the last places I used to live at here in Brisbane (There's a section in form 80 for that, but still...)

Q3. So, If there's any mistake, what should I do to correct it? do you think I would need to pay an extra fee or anything related?

Thanks in advance for your help!

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Usual country of residence: I'm originally from Ecuador, so I wrote just that in the application, since I'm still on a temporary student visa and applying for a 485, which is also temporary. But not sure if that;s the right answer anymore cause I've been living here in Brisbane almost 2years now.
Your usual country of residence is Australia.

Countries of residency: This is my first experience outside my country so I only filled the questions with two addresses:
From 2009 until feb 2018, my old address in EC
From Feb 2018 until Nov 2019: my current address in AUS. however, I don;t know if I should have detailed the last places I used to live at here in Brisbane (There's a section in form 80 for that, but still...)
Are you talking about Form 80 or visa application? In any case, write down the exact question as printed in the form/application. That would help everyone to answer properly.

So, If there's any mistake, what should I do to correct it?
Yes, use Update Us section to correct any incorrect information.

do you think I would need to pay an extra fee or anything related?
No

rubenvswett

Timeline missing
Thank you very much for your reply

Your usual country of residence is Australia.

Thanks I just corrected it by sending a notification of incorrect answers.

Are you talking about Form 80 or visa application? In any case, write down the exact question as printed in the form/application. That would help everyone to answer properly.

I was referring to the visa application. The question about Countries of residence: Provide details of all countries in which you, your spouse/de facto partner or dependents (accompanying or not) have lived for 12 months or more (since turning 16 years of age) during the last 10 years. The 12 month period of residence may be made up of a number of shorter periods. You must account for every year.
The only 2 countries I;ve ever been to in the last 10 years are Ecuador and Australia. So my answer was From 1 Jan-2009 until 11-Feb 2018, my old address in Ecuador; and From 12-Feb 2018 until 22 Nov 2019: my current address in AUS. Even though when I first came to Brisbane I was living in another house, and changed houses twice before staying in my current address (My previous addresses were detailed in form 80).

Is this alright?? Should I have detailed all my old addresses in the last 2 years in my application even if I was in the same country (AUS) for that period?

Also in the same question, I do not have any dependents, so at first I provided only my countries of residences, but then the systems shows an error message like this:

"The following errors have been encountered:
1. At least one country of residence for each person over 16 is required"

and it requires me to input the countries of residence for all of my family members (parents and siblings) that I listed in the previous section of "non-accompanying family members". The message only stop showing when I provide each of the family members' residence, although they are not migrating with me or neither my dependents. What should I do about this?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
The only 2 countries I;ve ever been to in the last 10 years are Ecuador and Australia. So my answer was From 1 Jan-2009 until 11-Feb 2018, my old address in Ecuador; and From 12-Feb 2018 until 22 Nov 2019: my current address in AUS. Even though when I first came to Brisbane I was living in another house, and changed houses twice before staying in my current address (My previous addresses were detailed in form 80).

Is this alright?? Should I have detailed all my old addresses in the last 2 years in my application even if I was in the same country (AUS) for that period?
I think that's fine.

Also in the same question, I do not have any dependents, so at first I provided only my countries of residences, but then the systems shows an error message like this:

"The following errors have been encountered:
1. At least one country of residence for each person over 16 is required"

and it requires me to input the countries of residence for all of my family members (parents and siblings) that I listed in the previous section of "non-accompanying family members". The message only stop showing when I provide each of the family members' residence, although they are not migrating with me or neither my dependents. What should I do about this?
According to the new definition, member of family unit only include spouse and children

DHA said:
For visa purposes, you are a member of the main applicant's family unit if you are:
  • the main applicant's spouse or de facto partner
  • the main applicant's child, or their partner's child, who is not engaged, married or in a de facto relationship and is:
    • aged under 18 years, or
    • aged 18 to 23 years and dependent on the main applicant or the main applicant's partner, or
    • aged 23 years or older and dependent on the main applicant or the main applicant's partner due to a partial or total physical or mental disability
  • the dependent child of the child above

maverick_17

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Talking about 485 visa, my wife is finishing her masters and planning to apply in the 485 Post-Study Work stream. It states that the applicant must stay in Australia while applying for this visa. I (the husband), currently working in Malaysia, do I also have to be in Australia when the application is being lodged? Or does the being in Australia rule only apply to her. I am also planning to be part of the application as the dependant spouse.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I believe it's applicable only for the main applicant.

Hi, I'm currently in the last few weeks of my student visa and in the process of applying for visa 485. I have only visited 2 countries till now, which is India (home country) and Australia (current residence as a student). But during my student visa, I had visited back home (India) for 4 months during the summer break. What should I fill in for the question - Travel History - In the last 10 years have any of the applicants visited any countries outside of their usual country of residence since turning 16 years of age?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Your usual country of residence is Australia, so you should list your stays in India during last 10 years in that section.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Take the questions literally. If the question asks for last 10 years history without specifying anything else, provide everything. Even if that's not required, no harm in providing additional information.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
There supposed to be a separate field to list your county of residency. Make sure you filled that up.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.