• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Visa Date of Effect Consideration for 189 VISA

Raj Prajapati

Timeline missing
Recently result for 1st February invitation round was declared for 189 category. I submitted by EOI on 24th January 2017 with 65 points. However, the visa date of effect for that round was until 21st December 2016. Unfortunately, I am falling year old by 20th February and that will decrease my total by 5 points and just one round of invitation to go on 15th February before birth date. Hard luck! My question is, which date do they consider for claimed points, is it the date until they selected EOIs or invitation round date? For example, they considered EOIs till 21st December 2016 with 65 points, do they consider points by that date or 1st February when they considered them? Should I be eligible with same 65 points for the next rounds when my EOI is taken after my birth date? Please guide.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.