• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Visa option for a professional year program with Engineers Australia


Staff member
Don't think so

EEA said:
Who can apply for the PYear in Engineering?
Recent graduates of Australian university courses who have applied for or been issued a Skilled-Graduate (Temporary) 485 Visa, or a Bridging Visa A or B, and nominated an Engineering ANZSCO Code for migration purposes.

Applicants must also have undergone a successful Migration Skills Assessment through Engineers Australia to be applicable for entry into the PYear program.

Other visa holders that are eligible to apply for the PYear are:

  • Skilled Recognised Graduate visa (476)
  • Secondary visa holder of other visa (457/ENS/RSMS/Labour Agreement)
Applicants must have a minimum of 12 calendar months remaining on their visa from the commencement date of the program. For visa eligibility for the program, please visit the DIBP site at www.immi.gov.au

Australian citizens and permanent residents who are also recent graduates may also apply for the program. Please be advised that the PYear is full-fee paying and HECS does not apply.


Timeline missing
If a education trip, you need to show your unique skills. Example is printed
and detailed response as report, you may <link truncated, no advertising link is allowed> to know more. There always is necessary attachment to visa aplication form, especially for professional qualification.
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.