ACS What is required for post-assessment experience

Dear Admin

I have following doubt regarding my EOI which I intend to apply.

I am still employed with the following company while my ACS assessment was done until October as my affidavit carried a date in October.

Dates: 02/15 - 10/16 (1yrs 8mths) ---- am still employed here!
Position: TECHNICAL LEAD - QUALITY ASSURANCE
Employer: Company 4

In the EOI, employment details page, the following information is provided in different places.

If you are currently still with this employer you can leave the "date to" (end date of employment) field blank. If your circumstances change you must update your details.

For current employment, the 'end date' field should be left blank. SkillSelect will continue to tally periods of employment from date of EOI submission to the date of invitation to apply. Therefore, the client must update their EOI if their employment details change.

Where the relevant assessing authority does not provide an opinion on skilled employment and there are no standards set by the relevant assessing authority available on their website, clients need to provide evidence of employment experience after the date they completed qualifications and necessary skilled employment as per the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations.

The instruction is red is pretty clear that I need to leave the "To date" blank for current employment.

But the instruction in blue is a little confusing to me. Do I need to provide any evidence again to ascertain that I am still employed with the same organization? Also they insist that the dates in the EOI must be in sync with what the ACS has approved.

Please guide me in this.

Regards
Prakash

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I think, you'll need to give the updated experience certificate to reflect the dates upto the point you get invitation, but there will be no need to assess that part again because yours is a case of a simple continuity (same job that ACS assessed).

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Dear Admin

I have following doubt regarding my EOI which I intend to apply.

I am still employed with the following company while my ACS assessment was done until October as my affidavit carried a date in October.

Dates: 02/15 - 10/16 (1yrs 8mths) ---- am still employed here!
Position: TECHNICAL LEAD - QUALITY ASSURANCE
Employer: Company 4

In the EOI, employment details page, the following information is provided in different places.

If you are currently still with this employer you can leave the "date to" (end date of employment) field blank. If your circumstances change you must update your details.

For current employment, the 'end date' field should be left blank. SkillSelect will continue to tally periods of employment from date of EOI submission to the date of invitation to apply. Therefore, the client must update their EOI if their employment details change.

Where the relevant assessing authority does not provide an opinion on skilled employment and there are no standards set by the relevant assessing authority available on their website, clients need to provide evidence of employment experience after the date they completed qualifications and necessary skilled employment as per the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations.

The instruction is red is pretty clear that I need to leave the "To date" blank for current employment.

But the instruction in blue is a little confusing to me. Do I need to provide any evidence again to ascertain that I am still employed with the same organization? Also they insist that the dates in the EOI must be in sync with what the ACS has approved.

Please guide me in this.

Regards
Prakash

Once assessment is done, its mentioned in the assessment letter.

"Please note that the department of Immigration and Border Protection reserves the rights to undertake further investigation regarding your skilled employment experience"

Hence, the final decisions are always made by DIBP, irrelevant of assessment. ACS just assess your skills on the basis of documents you provide them and if they match the skill set of anzo code you applied for, you get a positive assessment. So you do not need to worry about it, just leave the "TO DATE" blank if you are still employed with the same company.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
There is a chance that you'll need a reassessment for that.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
There is no specific guideline for that, but a common consensus is you should do a reassessment.

After getting ACS positive and applying EOI, I switched my job and updated the new job in EOI for claiming points with new job. Is it mandatory do acs reassessment when we switch job and claim points?

I am in similar situation, I can do reassessment, kindly clarify my doubt. I have completed my post graduate degree on Mar 2014 but I have work experience since Jan 2012, during my previous assessment, I can claim points for work experience after Mar 2014 which means there was no deduction of experience after my degree(since I had couple of years of work experience during education). Now, I am worried that while reassessment is there any chance if they deduct 2 years after my degree, if that happen then I will be in big trouble.

Details Below:
UG degree completed on 2011. (Non IT).
Experience starts from Jan 2012 as software developer.
PG degree completed on Mar 2014.

Last April (2019) I got my positive ACS result, which tells that I have relevant work experience for "261313" after Mar 2014.

I switched company on Nov 2019, so I need to do reassessment.

@MysticRiver Kindly advise, what should I do now?

CampDavid

Regular
MSA
2018-12-13
Skill
SC
190 (ACT)
Point
65+5
EOI
2019-01-07
Inv.
2019-05-22
App.
2019-06-04
PCC
2019-06-06
HC
2019-06-24
Grant
2019-10-30
IED
2020-06-24
I have a EOI/Skills assessment question. I have successfully received 8.8 years for skills assessment for my experience. I have submitted my EOI with the details from Vetassess.

If i were to switch jobs after EOI submission, do I have to inform them? I have already gotten max points possible from Vetassess, and it says it is valid for a couple of years. Do i have to resubmit a EOI if i quit my current job which has been assessed?

MSA
2018-12-13
Skill
SC
190 (ACT)
Point
65+5
EOI
2019-01-07
Inv.
2019-05-22
App.
2019-06-04
PCC
2019-06-06
HC
2019-06-24
Grant
2019-10-30
IED
2020-06-24

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I have completed my post graduate degree on Mar 2014 but I have work experience since Jan 2012, during my previous assessment, I can claim points for work experience after Mar 2014 which means there was no deduction of experience after my degree(since I had couple of years of work experience during education). Now, I am worried that while reassessment is there any chance if they deduct 2 years after my degree, if that happen then I will be in big trouble.
The deduction is always from your total relevant experience, before and after your qualification. After that you are awarded point-claimable experience based on your degree completion date and experience the deduction, whichever comes later.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If i were to switch jobs after EOI submission, do I have to inform them? I have already gotten max points possible from Vetassess, and it says it is valid for a couple of years. Do i have to resubmit a EOI if i quit my current job which has been assessed?
As long as you are not claiming anything for the additional job, no need.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Not so sure about that. If there is a significant overlap in your documentation, it might take less.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there,

A Bachelor's of information technology degree completed in 2012 from Australia, can it be reassessed for migration purposes?
Depends on your nominated occupation and possibly, your total related experience.

Hi @MysticRiver

I have a couple of questions regarding ACS, my ACS was successfully completed on 13 march 2018 where I was claiming 3 years of experience. Now it will get expired 13th March 2020.
First Question: I have changed the company in similar role,now i will have 5 years of experience in total which gives me 5 more points. Should I go for reassessment?
Second question: Previously ACS calculated the experience for my ex employer upto 24th Jan 2018. Then I worked for 11 months more in the same firm. How to claim points for those 11 months, as ACS says don't duplicate the entries while applying new application?

saravana

Wanderer
MSA
2019-02-25
Skill
SC
190(NSW)
Point
75+5
EOI
2019-03-03
Nom.
2019-03-14
Inv.
2019-04-08
App.
2019-05-20
PCC
2019-04-16
HC
2019-05-26
Grant
2019-10-24
IED
2020-10-24
Hi @MysticRiver

I have a couple of questions regarding ACS, my ACS was successfully completed on 13 march 2018 where I was claiming 3 years of experience. Now it will get expired 13th March 2020.
First Question: I have changed the company in similar role,now i will have 5 years of experience in total which gives me 5 more points. Should I go for reassessment?
Second question: Previously ACS calculated the experience for my ex employer upto 24th Jan 2018. Then I worked for 11 months more in the same firm. How to claim points for those 11 months, as ACS says don't duplicate the entries while applying new application?

I have faced a similar situation recently. I have followed the below steps

1)I have applied for the new ACS even though the role was similar to my previous employer.
2)Create a new entry for your previous employer with actual start date and actual end date, ACS CO will take care of the assessment. ACS doesn't award any points, so you have to update the proper employment dates in your EOI. The EOI website takes care of calculating the points.

PS:I have already got my direct grant

MSA
2019-02-25
Skill
SC
190(NSW)
Point
75+5
EOI
2019-03-03
Nom.
2019-03-14
Inv.
2019-04-08
App.
2019-05-20
PCC
2019-04-16
HC
2019-05-26
Grant
2019-10-24
IED
2020-10-24
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.