• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

When is visa date of effect updated and what is age boundary

Nadeesh

Commoner
MSA
2015-10-27
Skill
SC
190/189
Point
65/60
EOI
2016-12-04
@MysticRiver - It says, to score maximum points for age, person should be between 28 - 32. That means including both 28 and 32 ? or greater than 28 and less than 32 ?

For example, my birthday is 28/08/1985. I'll be turning 32 on 28/08/2017. Can I claim 30 points until 27/08/2018 ?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Though it is not directly mentioned, but I believe it is 32 inclusive, means you can claim maximum points unless you turn 33 (because next slab starts from 33).

A simple experiment to submit a EOI with 32.5 yrs age can confirm this.

Nadeesh

Commoner
MSA
2015-10-27
Skill
SC
190/189
Point
65/60
EOI
2016-12-04
Though it is not directly mentioned, but I believe it is 32 inclusive, means you can claim maximum points unless you turn 33 (because next slab starts from 33).

A simple experiment to submit a EOI with 32.5 yrs age can confirm this.

Yes, logically it completely makes sense. Thanks :)

One more thing Mystic.

I've just completed 5 years work experience in my job recently (3 years skilled employment). As a result, my 190 EOIs had automatically updated to 65 points. Still the date of effect shows the initial EOI submission date, since I did n't update anything by myself. In that sense, position of my EOIs in the queue has not affected negatively.

But I'm planning to resign from my job in coming months to start a business. Soon after I resign, I hope I may need to update my EOIs to reflect the final date of my employment. By doing so, my points will not change since the skilled employment has already exceeded 3 years. My first question is will the position of my EOIs in the queue be negatively affected by this, even though it will not change the points score ?

Is there any requirement that we should stay in the assessed employment by the time we will be invited ?

Thanks a lot.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
My first question is will the position of my EOIs in the queue be negatively affected by this, even though it will not change the points score ?

Well, I believe your date of effect will be affected whenever you make any kind of update in your EOI (though I agree that, it should have only been changed if you make some update that would change your point).

Is there any requirement that we should stay in the assessed employment by the time we will be invited ?

Nope.

Nadeesh

Commoner
MSA
2015-10-27
Skill
SC
190/189
Point
65/60
EOI
2016-12-04
Well, I believe your date of effect will be affected whenever you make any kind of update in your EOI (though I agree that, it should have only been changed if you make some update that would change your point).

Actually today I updated one of the EOIs by changing the 'End Date' of my occupation to check this. What I found was that it does not change the 'Date of Effect' as long as point score remains same. But on the other hand, 'Date of Effect' always changes when the points score changes, even if the client does not update the EOI. For example, when reaching milestone in work experience or age, system automatically updates the points score as well as the 'Date of Effect'.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, that makes more sense. I never actually tried to investigate into it. Thanks for the information, good one.

Actually today I updated one of the EOIs by changing the 'End Date' of my occupation to check this. What I found was that it does not change the 'Date of Effect' as long as point score remains same. But on the other hand, 'Date of Effect' always changes when the points score changes, even if the client does not update the EOI. For example, when reaching milestone in work experience or age, system automatically updates the points score as well as the 'Date of Effect'.

In previous comments you mentioned when your work experience got updated andd 5 more points got added still Date of effect didn't change. Please can you clarify.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.