• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Rules Which visa to apply for NAATI CCL test?

mohit

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hello friends,

I have booked the Credentialed Community Language (CCL) Test in Hindi that is conducted by NAATI, in order to earn extra 5 points for Australian PR (Skilled Migration) purpose.

Anyone kindly guide me on below queries :

1) This test is only available in Australia, I understand that I have to acquire a visa to travel to Australia. Kindly suggest which Australian visa type should I apply for (I'm an Indian citizen, and will be applying for a visa from New Delhi).

2) I’m getting a feeling that this NAATI CCL test is usually given by applicants who are already physically present in Australia, in order to increase points for PR.

Is it a genuine/valid reason for non-Australians (specifically Indians) to travel all the way to Australia in order to pass the language test and earn 5 CCL points for Australian PR? Will consular officer in Australian High Commission (India) consider this (CCL test) a genuine reason for me to travel to Australia? Will my Australian visa be granted?

Or can I just travel to Australia on a normal visitor/tourist (600 visa type I think) visa, and sit for the CCL test (without declaring that I am going there for CCL test) ? Will this be legal? Even if I don’t declare, sit for test and pass it, successfully get the PR, can it have an impact later?

Thanks,
Mohit

kayan

Commoner
MSA
2019-09-25
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2020-02-17
Hello friends,

I have booked the Credentialed Community Language (CCL) Test in Hindi that is conducted by NAATI, in order to earn extra 5 points for Australian PR (Skilled Migration) purpose.

Anyone kindly guide me on below queries :

1) This test is only available in Australia, I understand that I have to acquire a visa to travel to Australia. Kindly suggest which Australian visa type should I apply for (I'm an Indian citizen, and will be applying for a visa from New Delhi).

2) I’m getting a feeling that this NAATI CCL test is usually given by applicants who are already physically present in Australia, in order to increase points for PR.

Is it a genuine/valid reason for non-Australians (specifically Indians) to travel all the way to Australia in order to pass the language test and earn 5 CCL points for Australian PR? Will consular officer in Australian High Commission (India) consider this (CCL test) a genuine reason for me to travel to Australia? Will my Australian visa be granted?

Or can I just travel to Australia on a normal visitor/tourist (600 visa type I think) visa, and sit for the CCL test (without declaring that I am going there for CCL test) ? Will this be legal? Even if I don’t declare, sit for test and pass it, successfully get the PR, can it have an impact later?

Thanks,
Mohit
Don’t worry, quite a few including me traveling on 600 for CCL solely. Just declare that specifically you need a visitor visa for CCL. Attach test booking and invoice. You will get the Visa. It is perfectly legal.

mohit

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Don’t worry, quite a few including me traveling on 600 for CCL solely. Just declare that specifically you need a visitor visa for CCL. Attach test booking and invoice. You will get the Visa. It is perfectly legal.

Thanks a lot Kayan!

Can you pls also guide me regarding how to do preparations for NAATI CCL Hindi exam? At first glance, it seems exam is very easy and has 2 questions.

-Mohit

kayan

Commoner
MSA
2019-09-25
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2020-02-17
Thanks a lot Kayan!
Can you pls also guide me regarding how to do preparations for NAATI CCL Hindi exam? At first glance, it seems exam is very easy and has 2 questions.

-Mohit
I seriously doubt the "very easy" part.
1.Download all the practice materials from NAATI website.
2.Search YouTube for "NAATI CCL examination". There are videos which will provide demo to understand what it takes.
3.Watch more videos (search "Universal NAATI CCL Institute") to understand the evaluation, tips etc.
4.Join Telegram groups (search NAATI CCL) to get some first hand experience feedbacks and resource materials.
5.Install CCL Tutorials app. There are mock tests you can practice for free.
6.The more you practice, you will have hiccups in translations. Create your own Vocabulary list for that.
7.Key is note taking and how accurately you can produce without missing/adding more information.
8.Go through Candidate Handbook material thoroughly to understand the test process.
9.There are certain terms which are very specific to Australia like "Centrelink", "DIBP". Learn how to translate those.
10.Practise, practise and practise.

Above is all that I am doing now. For Hindi you will find enough guidance and materials on Net. So prepare based on that. I am yet to write the test - so do not have a first hand experience yet. All the best!

mohit

Wanderer
Timeline missing
2.Search YouTube for "NAATI CCL examination". There are videos which will provide demo to understand what it takes.
3.Watch more videos (search "Universal NAATI CCL Institute") to understand the evaluation, tips etc.
4.Join Telegram groups (search NAATI CCL) to get some first hand experience feedbacks and resource materials.
6.The more you practice, you will have hiccups in translations. Create your own Vocabulary list for that.
7.Key is note taking and how accurately you can produce without missing/adding more information.
8.Go through Candidate Handbook material thoroughly to understand the test process.
9.There are certain terms which are very specific to Australia like "Centrelink", "DIBP". Learn how to translate those.

Above is all that I am doing now. For Hindi you will find enough guidance and materials on Net. So prepare based on that. I am yet to write the test - so do not have a first hand experience yet. All the best!

This is very helpful !

Thanks a ton !!

mohit

Wanderer
Timeline missing

hi @kayan

just wanted to ask when are u sitting for the test?

-Mohit

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.