While adding Family Members

Prashanth

Timeline missing
Hi every one. I had a bit of confusion while i was adding the Family members details in EOI can any one help me through.

It has 2 question which i am confused of

1 Are there any family members the client would like to include in a future application?
2 Would the client be accompanied by the client's partner in a future application?

Do i need to answer both 1&2 question as YES if i want to add spouse in my future application. or simply say NO to the first question (because i am not adding any family member except spouse) and say YES to the question 2.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Prashant,

You should answer Yes to both the questions. You can say, Q2 is an extension to Q1.

Thanks,

Prashanth

Timeline missing
Thanks for your valuable answer and for your time. I need to update my EOI will there be any time delay or any other concerns if i do so to my existing application. In fact i have to modify my first question answer saying yes in the family members session. Thanks a ton.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for your valuable answer and for your time. I need to update my EOI will there be any time delay or any other concerns if i do so to my existing application. In fact i have to modify my first question answer saying yes in the family members session. Thanks a ton.
When you update your EOI, that time will be considered as your new submission date while ranking your EOI (you know, they rank EOIs with same point by their submission date).

Olvin John

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hello Admin,

I just came across to this wonderful site, This is definitely a one stop shop for all our query answered by experts like you.

I have one query related to the thread, if while filling my EOI i select both option as NO for "Are there any family members and client be accompanied by the client's partner in a future application". Then do I still stand a chance to call my parents in future, not sure about my partner as I am single now.

Also, If i selected Yes for family members option, what is expected after that?

Will they be able to accompany with me hassle free when I fly to AU or may be at later stage, Moreover what are the additional documents I should be ready for.

What in your own opinion is the best way to look at this situation, will there be any extra benefit if I select yes to the option for family members or No. Considering my parents would not be traveling with me in coming few years as there is lot to do at our own place where we live at.

Just a small into to my family, including me I have 2 dependent parents and 2 dependent sisters though both of them are working in their respective fields.

Thanks much in advance.

Cheers!!!

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hi John,

Welcome to this forum.

Those questions are intended to have an idea of your future application, which have no impact on you invitation eligibility. As quoted in DIBP website:

Are there any family members the client would like to include in a future application? said:
This question is asked to anticipate the size of the migration program as whole. The client's answer to this question will not affect the client's ability to be invited to apply for a visa.

If you want to add any dependent with your application, all that'll matter is when you add them in your Visa Application (after your EOI get invitation). So, selecting Yes or No will not have any effect on whether you or your family member will get the Aus visa or not. My suggestion is, just put what you are planning to do during your Visa application. If you have plan to add any dependent with your Visa application, put Yes in EOI, otherwise No. However, even if you put No now, you can add them in future with proper justification (for example you get married in between).

One thing you need to make sure, if you add any dependent accept your partner (parents, siblings etc.), you have to make DIBP absolutely convinced that they are your dependent (financially or otherwise) and they can't live without you. There will be many questions asked to make sure your dependents are "really" depending on you.

Thanks,

Olvin John

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Thank you Admin for your reply!!!

However, if I say yes during my EOI, do I still need to process some part of documents like Medical and PCC check along with documents that they are fully dependent on me after I get Visa Invite :) or that won't be necessary now.

Also, do you list of document I can collate to show their dependency on me, though both of them are retired and above 60 Years of age.

Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Cheers!!!

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, your dependents must meet health and character requirements.

For the detail of what needs to be provided for including your dependents in your application, follow this link. I'll put a separate thread for that, as that is important for all.

Btw, appreciate if you create your own thread for any question.

Thanks.

Olvin John

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Thank you Admin MysticRiver, :) :) :)

I really appreciate from bottom of my heart while supporting me with all my query’s. Provided link is very helpful, now I know that I can still invite them at later stage when they are ready to move as they are not in state to leave the country with me, so finally I will be choosing No for both of the options and later will submit another file for them if in case they are interested to come and stay.

As I understand that if I proceed with yes while submitting my EOI, I need to arrange those documents which may not stay valid after some period of time, and as stated by you earlier, I still have option to call them at later stage.

I am also sorry for not starting anther thread, and unknowingly I raised question related to work experience on existing thread http://www.migrationdesk.com/threads/eoi-experience-vs-acs-experience.41364/ . Do you want me to start new thread for that ?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
As I understand that if I proceed with yes while submitting my EOI, I need to arrange those documents which may not stay valid after some period of time, and as stated by you earlier, I still have option to call them at later stage.
Just to inform you that, from my experience (that I have learnt or heard from others), it'll be time consuming if you want to add your parents after your Visa is granted (before your Visa is granted, you can add without extra hassle). So, if you think you can easily prove them your dependents and they can move within next 5 years, you can still add them in your application (which will be much less time consuming).

FYI, if you are not aware of the exact nature of PR, you can read below to avoid some common confusions:
  • Once your PR is granted, you will be given an UNLIMITED STAY VISA (no time restriction for staying). Many believes the VISA is for 5 years, which is NOT TRUE.
  • The 5 years limitation comes from the fact that, you can not enter Australia after 5 years (unless you can manage resident return VISA which is little tough to get approved) if you do not get your Australian Citizenship by that time.
  • So, in extreme case, let say you get your VISA granted on 1st October 2015. So, you can enter Australia (ofcourse you have to make a formal first entry within the time period they mention while granting) latest by 1st October 2020. And then you can live there for 3 continuous years and get your Australian Citizenship before you go out of Australia.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
As I understand that if I proceed with yes while submitting my EOI, I need to arrange those documents which may not stay valid after some period of time
And regarding this, your (and your parents') documents need to be valid only until your VISA grant, not until the time your parents will enter Australia. Once VISA is granted, they will be Permanent Residents of Australia, just like you'll be, without any further requirement.

Olvin John

Wanderer
Timeline missing
That was quality information you are sharing with all of us, I am sure it helped me and will help others in this forum.

Regarding my parents dependency on me, its like my dad is getting pension from govt so logically they are not fully dependent on me but govt is still funding them in term of medical and other needs.

Me being elder son is taking care of them, along with I have 2 younger sister who are working and are self dependent. Will that be any issue during filing paper for them.

Thanks and sorry for asking multiple questions :) :)

I know it becomes so boring to reply on same query again and again.

Cheers!!!

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Me being elder son is taking care of them, along with I have 2 younger sister who are working and are self dependent. Will that be any issue during filing paper for them.
With your parents, I guess that will not be an issue. With your sisters, I am not very much optimistic, but you can take your chance.

But again, as I have told many people before, during the whole process, many things will depend on your Case Officer. Not all the COs think in the same way. Some are very tough and pin point while others are lenient and considering.

S

Syed Faisal Ali

I have included 3 dependents instead of 4 while submitting EOI, now i have recieved inviation to apply, my first question is a) Can I make any amendment by adding one more dependent b) If I cannot add one more dependent then it is necessary to land in Australia along with your 3 dependents included in my initial EOI after visa granted incase my 4th dependent which is actually my mother cannot accompanied so it is compulsory to bring in all 3 dependents.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.