Will changing my ANZSCO code. Push back my date of application for eoi?

YANI5688

Wanderer
Timeline missing
I received my anmac assessment on June 2018 as a registered nurse nec and applied for eoi on the same month. While waiting, I worked as a perioperative nurse and im almost 1 year into my job and no invite yet. Im thinking of changing my anmac code to Perioperative. It will not change my points( will still remain 65) but will it push back my submission date if I change it? Also, should I have it re-assessed by anmac again since it's a different job?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Also, should I have it re-assessed by anmac again since it's a different job?
It will not change my points( will still remain 65) but will it push back my submission date if I change it?
If you change your nominated skill (ANZSCO code), you'll need a new assessment on that skill. And, most likely it'll also push back your date of effect.

YANI5688

Wanderer
Timeline missing
If you change your nominated skill (ANZSCO code), you'll need a new assessment on that skill. And, most likely it'll also push back your date of effect.
I was told by anmac that I will need a prof ref assessment and not a full or modified one. Wahhhh. Can I declare that new experience without changing my anmac code and leave it as NEC?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I was told by anmac that I will need a prof ref assessment and not a full or modified one. Wahhhh. Can I declare that new experience without changing my anmac code and leave it as NEC?
Well, if ANMAC says you don't need it, then you can follow that because they are your assessment authority (make sure you have that conversation in writing). I am a bit surprise though because, usually, with other assessment authorities, whenever your ANZSCO code changes, you need a fresh assessment.

Can I declare that new experience without changing my anmac code and leave it as NEC?
A few things to consider:
  1. Is the new experience relevant to your nominated skill? If no, there is no use of that in this regard.
  2. If 1 is yes, is the new experience a continuation of your assessed job?
    • If yes, usually authorities allow to claim post-assessment experience without reassessment (but you need to make sure what ANMAC's policy is).
    • If no, you may or may not need a new professional assessment (not necessarily the full assessment) based on if professional assessment is mandatory or not with ANMAC (e.g., with EA, it's not mandatory while with ACS it is).

YANI5688

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Well, if ANMAC says you don't need it, then you can follow that because they are your assessment authority (make sure you have that conversation in writing). I am a bit surprise though because, usually, with other assessment authorities, whenever your ANZSCO code changes, you need a fresh assessment.

A few things to consider:
  1. Is the new experience relevant to your nominated skill? If no, there is no use of that in this regard.
  2. If 1 is yes, is the new experience a continuation of your assessed job?
    • If yes, usually authorities allow to claim post-assessment experience without reassessment (but you need to make sure what ANMAC's policy is).
    • If no, you may or may not need a new professional assessment (not necessarily the full assessment) based on if professional assessment is mandatory or not with ANMAC (e.g., with EA, it's not mandatory while with ACS it is).
Can I change the ANZSCO code on my current Letter of Determination?
Yes, if you would like to change your nominated ANZSCO code please contact us to confirm the need for additional professional references. You may be required to provide additional proof of work experience in a specific clinical area. You will be advised as to the process from here.

It's on their website. It's basically just doing more specified work. Im still worried that changing the anmac code will change the date. I've waited for almost a year and I dont want to waste it.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, if you would like to change your nominated ANZSCO code please contact us to confirm the need for additional professional references. You may be required to provide additional proof of work experience in a specific clinical area. You will be advised as to the process from here.
Oh, I get it. It's like reviewing your outcome. So, basically, if you feel you are more suited to another skill, you can let them know with some supporting document. If they think your claims are justified, they can assess you on that.

But yes, I think, if you change your occupation in SkillSelect, it'll change your DOE.

Do you have to change anzco code though in skill select ? I applied as a Registered nurse (NEC) last year but while requesting my letter of determination after gaining 1 yr experience as rn (aged care). ANMAC has issued me with a letter stating anzco code has been changed . Do i have to change my code in skill select since its the same field as Registered Nurse. Who should i contact about this?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If your skill has been changed, you should update it.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Try getting a statutory declaration from a work colleague.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Most probably not, but I am not sure. Better to call DHA and clarify with them.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
The is the first thing comes in Google if you search Australia Home Affairs Contact

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
There is not rule against that - if you can get positive assessment from both.

Hi. I am an electrical engineer. My ANZSCO code is 233311, I have been offered a role of consultant in an Australian firm with a TSS 482 visa. However the visa draft has my ANZSCO code as 233999- other professional engineers nec. Will that be a problem when I claim experience for my PR application.
I am planning to do skill assessment with EA now as an electrical engineer, if EA accepts my skill assessment, since I will be working under a different ANZSCO code, will DHA prevent me from getting a PR?
Thanks

Hi. I am an electrical engineer. My ANZSCO code is 233311, I have been offered a role of consultant in an Australian firm with a TSS 482 visa. However the visa draft has my ANZSCO code as 233999- other professional engineers nec. Will that be a problem when I claim experience for my PR application.
I am planning to do skill assessment with EA now as an electrical engineer, if EA accepts my skill assessment, since I will be working under a different ANZSCO code, will DHA prevent me from getting a PR?
Thanks
Hey, what was the outcome in the end. I'm in a similar situation.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.