Will 'Date of Effect' be changed if I change one of my experiences to non-relevant but the total points remain the same?

mltmbag

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi there,

I've submitted my EOI with 85 points. As my 1-year experience was completed last in Dec/2021 the total points increased to 90 automatically with this date of effect.

I have 3 months experience in one company and 1.2 (ongoing) year experience in my current company. I now suspect that visa officers might not accept the 3month one as full-time experience (I just found my contract saying part-time 20 hrs/week), so I want to change it to "non-relevant". It won't affect the total points since my ongoing experience is more than 1 year now.

Do you think it would affect the date of effect? Would you suggest me to do it?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Usually non-point affecting changes don't affect DOI. Also if you don't change anything and later CO disallow this 3 months experience - should still be fine as your total points remain the same. Although I agree with you that removing those 3 months is a better choice because it will save you extra hassle of providing documents for those 3 months.

mltmbag

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Usually non-point affecting changes don't affect DOI. Also if you don't change anything and later CO disallow this 3 months experience - should still be fine as your total points remain the same. Although I agree with you that removing those 3 months is a better choice because it will save you extra hassle of providing documents for those 3 months.
Thank you for your reply, I guess I'll remove it soon :)

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.