SA Will immigration SA will update my nomination application without my consent if they receive a mail from someone else with my application ID

nnawalage

Wanderer
MSA
2018-03-31
Skill
SC
489 SA
Point
Nom.
2019-07-03
I have this complicated scenario. Please share your advice, I really appreciate your support.

I initially contacted a migration agent, where they created an EOI (I have paid their charges to create the EOI), but I do not have access to this EOI.

However, I also created an EOI for me, and during the SA nomination application, I submitted EOI number I created (I submitted the application by my self because agent had so many candidates to submit).

My agent has a PDF copy of my SA nomination application, with my application ID (he requested it so I shared a copy). My application is still in the submitted stage.

I am not satisfied with the service the agent provides, so now I am thinking of going ahead without this agent. My concern is, after he got to know my decision, he might get angry and might try to harm my application in any possible way.

So, if the agent send a mail to immigration SA, referring my application Id, asking to change any information(specially the EOI number) in the application, will SA consider it without re-verifying with me?
Or will they verify the email came from different address and contact me before taking any action or will they just consider without notifying me?

I am so worried about this. Appreciate your inputs on this.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
So, if the agent send a mail to immigration SA, referring my application Id, asking to change any information(specially the EOI number) in the application, will SA consider it without re-verifying with me?
You are talking about the EOI you submitted yourself, right? In that case, I hardly think the agent can do anything only with the EOI number.

nnawalage

Wanderer
MSA
2018-03-31
Skill
SC
489 SA
Point
Nom.
2019-07-03
You are talking about the EOI you submitted yourself, right? In that case, I hardly think the agent can do anything only with the EOI number.
He has my SA nomination application ID, I shared a pdf copy of my application ( yes, I know it was my mistake in the first place to share it :( )

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Still I don't think it'll be an issue unless he has access to your email/phone or you have officially nominated him for correspondence.

nnawalage

Wanderer
MSA
2018-03-31
Skill
SC
489 SA
Point
Nom.
2019-07-03
Still I don't think it'll be an issue unless he has access to your email/phone or you have officially nominated him for correspondence.
But he can send a mail to SA referring to my nomination application id, pretending that he is trying to correct incorrectly entered data, and request to change the EOI number (and even other data like IELTS details). So my concern is, if he do that, will SA just consider it without re-verifying with me or notifying me?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
He can only do that from the registered email address associated with the nomination.

nnawalage

Wanderer
MSA
2018-03-31
Skill
SC
489 SA
Point
Nom.
2019-07-03
But he can send a mail to SA referring to my nomination application id, pretending that he is trying to correct incorrectly entered data, and request to change the EOI number (and even other data like IELTS details). So my concern is, if he do that, will SA just consider it without re-verifying with me or notifying me?
Thank you

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.