• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Withdraw secondary applicants from Visa application

praveen

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi

Mystic river,

I want to clarify something very basic.

While submitting my EOI, lets say i have added my wife and kids also for PR, but, due to some reason if i dont apply PR for my kids and wife along with mine. Would this be a issue.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Can you please clarify? I didn't get it properly. What do you mean by you added your wife and you don't want to apply PR for them? If you added them as secondary applicant, that means you already applied PR for them. Did you mean you want to withdraw them from application?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I think you can request your CO to make them non-migrating dependents. But I am not sure how that helps you regarding funding, because all the money (except fee for lack of English Proficiency) you have to pay upfront and I am skeptic if they refund you even if they agree to your withdrawal request.

SHAHID ALI

Commoner
SC
EOI
2015-07-12
Inv.
2015-09-07
App.
2015-11-05
Grant
2016-04-14
I think you can request your CO to make them non-migrating dependents. But I am not sure how that helps you regarding funding, because all the money (except fee for lack of English Proficiency) you have to pay upfront and I am skeptic if they refund you even if they agree to your withdrawal request.
Hi. What can be the statement to exclude dependents?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not so sure if adding non-migrating dependents will cause any major delay in your application. Nevertheless if you want to remove them, email your CO telling they are no longer dependents. This is a very unique scenario (as per my knowledge) and so you have to wait for your CO's response to see if you need to provide any documents for removing them from your application.

SHAHID ALI

Commoner
SC
EOI
2015-07-12
Inv.
2015-09-07
App.
2015-11-05
Grant
2016-04-14
B
I'm not so sure if adding non-migrating dependents will cause any major delay in your application. Nevertheless if you want to remove them, email your CO telling they are no longer dependents. This is a very unique scenario (as per my knowledge) and so you have to wait for your CO's response to see if you need to provide any documents for removing them from your application.
But they are still financially dependent on me but not migrating with me. What can be the reason to remove them from my application in that case?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
There is no reason, at least from my understanding. The question clearly asks if you have any non-migrating dependents (does not ask if you have any non-migrating dependents who will migrate in future). So irrespective of they want to migrate or not, now or in future, you are suppose to declare them as non-migrating dependents. I don't see any other option unless you want to hide info.

The following statement surely will NOT work:
Q: Do you have any non-migrating dependents?
A: I have some dependents but I don't want to declare them as non-migrating dependents.

SHAHID ALI

Commoner
SC
EOI
2015-07-12
Inv.
2015-09-07
App.
2015-11-05
Grant
2016-04-14
There is no reason, at least from my understanding. The question clearly asks if you have any non-migrating dependents (does not ask if you have any non-migrating dependents who will migrate in future). So irrespective of they want to migrate or not, now or in future, you are suppose to declare them as non-migrating dependents. I don't see any other option unless you want to hide info.

The following statement surely will NOT work:
Q: Do you have any non-migrating dependents?
A: I have some dependents but I don't want to declare them as non-migrating dependents.
Thank you. Should I need to deposit fee for my 2 non-migrating dependents or not?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Nope .. for non-migrating members, you only need to provide health clearances and police clearances. No further fees.

SHAHID ALI

Commoner
SC
EOI
2015-07-12
Inv.
2015-09-07
App.
2015-11-05
Grant
2016-04-14
Nope .. for non-migrating members, you only need to provide health clearances and police clearances. No further fees.
Thank you. Actually I want to understand the solution to following query:

I added 2 dependents in my initial Visa application as non-migrating dependents. Then I asked my CO how can I migrate my dependents. I got reply to send 47A form. I sent 47A form mentioning my dependents migrating with me based on DIBP reply.

But now I don't wish to include my adult siblings in my Visa application as my dependent visa applicants. I only need my Visa.

What should I do now?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You are confused all along about non-migrating dependents and migrating dependents.

Non-migrating dependents are people whom you support financially/physically but are not intending to migrate at present. So they are not visa applicants, will not be considered for PR, you just need to mention their name for future references and provide their MC and PC. Later (after you get your PR) if you want them to migrate, you have to apply separately for them as your dependent.

Migrating dependents are the secondary applicants who are included in your application. You and all the secondary applicants will get the Visa at the same time, and all the secondary applicants will go through almost same process (background security check, almost all the documents as yourself) as you. Also you have to provide secondary applicant fees for them.

So, when you express your intention to migrate them with you, with a form 47A you are moving (or adding, if you haven't mention them before) your dependents from non-migrating dependents category to secondary applicants category. In that case, you have to pay the fees and they will make a detail check for your dependents as well.

Then if you again revert your decision and decide that you don't want them to migrate at this time, you can request you CO to move them to non-migrating dependents category again (if they are already converted to secondary applicants).

Under no circumstances you should just hide your dependents in your application. You should either declare them as non-migrating dependents or include them as secondary applicants.

So, I'd suggest first make yourself clear with the definitions and requirements, then decide what you want to do.

SHAHID ALI

Commoner
SC
EOI
2015-07-12
Inv.
2015-09-07
App.
2015-11-05
Grant
2016-04-14
You are confused all along about non-migrating dependents and migrating dependents.

Non-migrating dependents are people whom you support financially/physically but are not intending to migrate at present. So they are not visa applicants, will not be considered for PR, you just need to mention their name for future references and provide their MC and PC. Later (after you get your PR) if you want them to migrate, you have to apply separately for them as your dependent.

Migrating dependents are the secondary applicants who are included in your application. You and all the secondary applicants will get the Visa at the same time, and all the secondary applicants will go through almost same process (background security check, almost all the documents as yourself) as you. Also you have to provide secondary applicant fees for them.

So, when you express your intention to migrate them with you, with a form 47A you are moving (or adding, if you haven't mention them before) your dependents from non-migrating dependents category to secondary applicants category. In that case, you have to pay the fees and they will make a detail check for your dependents as well.

Then if you again revert your decision and decide that you don't want them to migrate at this time, you can request you CO to move them to non-migrating dependents category again (if they are already converted to secondary applicants).

Under no circumstances you should just hide your dependents in your application. You should either declare them as non-migrating dependents or include them as secondary applicants.

So, I'd suggest first make yourself clear with the definitions and requirements, then decide what you want to do.
Thank you. When I will remove them as secondary visa applicant, will they still be considered as non-migrating dependents?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I believe he meant to remove as secondary applicants and declare them as non-migrating applicants. If you have any plan for them to migrate in future, I'd suggest to add them as non-migrating applicants. If you don't have any such plan, shouldn't matter.

Rest is your decision.

SHAHID ALI

Commoner
SC
EOI
2015-07-12
Inv.
2015-09-07
App.
2015-11-05
Grant
2016-04-14
I believe he meant to remove as secondary applicants and declare them as non-migrating applicants. If you have any plan for them to migrate in future, I'd suggest to add them as non-migrating applicants. If you don't have any such plan, shouldn't matter.

Rest is your decision.
Scenario for example is following:

CO writes that I have included my siblings as non-migrating dependents in my visa application.

CO then mentions that my siblings are not currently included in my application as visa applicants.

Then CO mentions that if my siblings have been added to my application in error, a signed request from my siblings is necessary for them to be removed from my application.

I want to declare them as non-migrating dependents as I mentioned in my initial visa application. What should I write in this scenario.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
That is strange and unusual. Are you sure this is what your CO asked? If so, ask your CO to clarify as I have no idea why he's asking such.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.