• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Australia Work condition 8104

JeffTTTU

Wanderer
MSA
2019-03-07
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2019-04-26
Inv.
2019-05-07
Hi there

Thanks for your reading.

I just heard people saying immi change the 8104 condition, so if you are the secondary applicant of master by course work student.

You can’t work unlimited hours anymore.

Is it true? Because I did not receive and any news from internet or agent.

But I did checking my vevo it does change to only secondary of master by research can work unlimited.

That is really upset as I just got baby....

Thanks for any advice.
J

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Even if that's true (I don't know), I don't think that will be applicable for existing visa holders.

Hi there

Thanks for your reading.

I just heard people saying immi change the 8104 condition, so if you are the secondary applicant of master by course work student.

You can’t work unlimited hours anymore.

Is it true? Because I did not receive and any news from internet or agent.

But I did checking my vevo it does change to only secondary of master by research can work unlimited.

That is really upset as I just got baby....

Thanks for any advice.
J
I have the same question. I've become so stressful that it affects my PR visa I'm going to lodge. Can anyone answer, please? Why my VEVO also has changed?

Apparently on the Federal Register of Legislation website, the Schedule 8 of the Migration Regulations 1994 still states "If the course of study mentioned in subclause (2) is for the award of a masters or doctoral degree, then despite subclause (1), the holder may engage in work for more than 40 hours a fortnight while the holder is in Australia."

Not sure what's happening here, it's really confusing...

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.