Wanderer
Skill
SC
189 - 190
Point
75 - 80
EOI
2019-06-07
Kindly I need you to check my problem below and give me your valuable advice.

I received an invitation to lodge my visa application "Skilled Migration", but there is a wrong entry in my EOI in the work experience section.

My work experience:
06/07 - 07/09 Company A
08/09 - 02/13 Company B
03/13 - 11/17 Company C

ACS assessment: "The following employment after January 2010 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261313"

in EOI created in July 2019: I marked the period deducted by ACS from July 2007 to January 2010 as relevant in the EOI so my total experience in the last 10 years is full 10 years.
but the correct experience is from February 2010 so my total experience in the last 10 years is 9 years and 5 months.

In both cases, I DID NOT claim any extra points as I worked for more than 8 years in the last 10 years.

1. Will this mistake in EOI affect my visa application or could lead to visa refusal?

2. Another Question please, the ACS report states last company till 11/2017 based on the reference letter date from my company, I am still in the same company till now and I prepared all supporting documents for the visa application that I am still working with the same company like bank statements and payslips. so my work experience should be calculated till today not 11/2017 as ACS outcome letter. correct?

mpp

Commoner
MSA
2018-05-01
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2019-07-07
Nom.
2020-03-01
Inv.
2020-04-16
Kindly I need you to check my problem below and give me your valuable advice.

I received an invitation to lodge my visa application "Skilled Migration", but there is a wrong entry in my EOI in the work experience section.

My work experience:
06/07 - 07/09 Company A
08/09 - 02/13 Company B
03/13 - 11/17 Company C

ACS assessment: "The following employment after January 2010 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261313"

in EOI created in July 2019: I marked the period deducted by ACS from July 2007 to January 2010 as relevant in the EOI so my total experience in the last 10 years is full 10 years.
but the correct experience is from February 2010 so my total experience in the last 10 years is 9 years and 5 months.

In both cases, I DID NOT claim any extra points as I worked for more than 8 years in the last 10 years.

1. Will this mistake in EOI affect my visa application or could lead to visa refusal?

2. Another Question please, the ACS report states last company till 11/2017 based on the reference letter date from my company, I am still in the same company till now and I prepared all supporting documents for the visa application that I am still working with the same company like bank statements and payslips. so my work experience should be calculated till today not 11/2017 as ACS outcome letter. correct?
ACS letter is very confusing and it would be easier if they just list years/months that can be claimed or for that matter don't list any work experience details at all. I also made this mistake but later realised and corrected it.

Maybe @MysticRiver can share his views on your questions, but it all depends on the CO at the end of the day.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Will this mistake in EOI affect my visa application or could lead to visa refusal?
It should be fine as the mistake did not give you any extra benefit. But of course, like @mpp said, some CO may raise questions, though most likely it will be fine.

the ACS report states last company till 11/2017 based on the reference letter date from my company, I am still in the same company till now and I prepared all supporting documents for the visa application that I am still working with the same company like bank statements and payslips. so my work experience should be calculated till today not 11/2017 as ACS outcome letter. correct?
Well, I have seen applicants claimed post-assessment experience without any issue as long as they continued on the same job.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.