MSA
2020-11-06
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2021-12-22
Hi group members
I am a Civil Engineer having 7 years of oversea experience.
I am applying for assessment and want to claim points of my work experience. My migration agent told me that I need a reference letter from my employers which include Role & Responsibility(R&R), duration of the job, and position, but my employer only gave me Experience letter that showed position and job duration and refuses to include role & responsibilities.
My agent is saying that according to EA guidelines from March 2020 reference letter with role & responsibilities is compulsory to claim work experience points. He said EA will not accept my application. The solution from the agent side is to apply in EA without showing my experience and at the time of login EOI, he will try to convince the assessor by showing the proof of my employment evidence ( offer letter, salary slips, resignation acceptance letter, experience letter etc.)
Is this is the right way? as my agent is recommending.
Is it any solution for this or any alternative way?
I have an email from the employer side as proof that the employer denied to include R&R.
Thanks

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
The solution from the agent side is to apply in EA without showing my experience and at the time of login EOI, he will try to convince the assessor by showing the proof of my employment evidence ( offer letter, salary slips, resignation acceptance letter, experience letter etc.)
I don't think that is going to happen. I believe no CO will accept any experience without R&R letter, as without it they can never relate your experience to your nominated experience even if they wish to. So, I don't know what your agent was thinking when he said such, but in my understanding, that's totally impossible.

abhi4profsnl

MSA
2020-11-06
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2021-12-22
I don't think that is going to happen. I believe no CO will accept any experience without R&R letter, as without it they can never relate your experience to your nominated experience even if they wish to. So, I don't know what your agent was thinking when he said such, but in my understanding, that's totally impossible.
So what should be the solution for that. How I can claim my experience points.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Like I said, without an R&R, there is no way the CO can corroborate your claim that your experience is related to your nominating occupation. You need to get it somehow, from the company, or at least from a supervisor/work colleague (senior or at the same level) in the form of statutory declaration. Of course, the former is more strong evidence, but the latter might work as well.

abhi4profsnl

MSA
2020-11-06
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2021-12-22
Is it mandatory that Statutory form/affidavit should be on company's letter head? Or We can obtain statutory form on stamp paper(legal paper) notory attested. My agent is saying that it must be on company's letter head. My senior is ready to sign R&R but saying that he is not authorized to sign on company letter head. Only HR is authorised. HR is saying that according to company policy they will give experience letter in standard formate and not show R&R specifically.

Also want to know
is it true EA has stop to accept statutory decleration? New guideline in MSA March 2020.
My agent is saying that or he is making me fool.
As I checked in MSA booklet I found nothing about Statutory decleration.

Last edited:

Latetfermal

Commoner
MSA
2020-02-12
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2020-05-19
Inv.
2020-06-17
App.
2020-06-25
HC
2020-10-18
Grant
2021-04-18
1593988698656.png

As per MSA booklet, both Option 1 & 2, would require mention of main duties.

MSA
2020-02-12
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2020-05-19
Inv.
2020-06-17
App.
2020-06-25
HC
2020-10-18
Grant
2021-04-18
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.