• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

xray test for pregnant women- after 3months(trimester) is it safe?

sab144

Newbie
Messages
2
Points
1
MSA
2016-10-05
Skill
312211
SC
190
Point
70
EOI
2019-03-18
Inv.
2019-06-27
App.
2019-08-05
CO
2019-11-15
PCC
2019-08-05
I have applied for 190 visa and CO contacted me recently and asked me to update wife's medical (which we have not done) as she was pregnant and 9 weeks running. Bupa told me they can do that with our consent and doctor advised us few risk factors.
I understand every risk and possibilities if we wait till baby born- it will delay the PR process (we are currently running student visa - my wife is the primary applicant and doing masters at UTAS which is expensive) we might have to pay for another semester, if we do the medical after 14 weeks of her pregnancy- we might get grant of our application before March/April 2020.
do we need to tell CO about this- like requesting to extend 28 days and we might do the test after 14 weeks ?
So, my concern if someone went through this process- did u guys take the medical after 14 weeks ? if yes- then - did the medical guys took extra caution while they did the xray test? did u tell them about using extra cloth/lower the dose of the xray?
and also what was the outcome?
any answer would be appreciate.
 
MSA
2016-10-05
Skill
312211
SC
190
Point
70
EOI
2019-03-18
Inv.
2019-06-27
App.
2019-08-05
CO
2019-11-15
PCC
2019-08-05

mohsinciddiki

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
4,022
Points
83
MSA
2018-08-02
Skill
261111
SC
189/190
Point
75/80
EOI
2018-08-17
Nom.
2018-11-11
Inv.
2018-11-11
App.
2018-12-22
CO
2019-03-27
PCC
2019-02-23
HC
2019-02-18
Grant
2019-06-03
IED
2020-02-20
I have applied for 190 visa and CO contacted me recently and asked me to update wife's medical (which we have not done) as she was pregnant and 9 weeks running. Bupa told me they can do that with our consent and doctor advised us few risk factors.
I understand every risk and possibilities if we wait till baby born- it will delay the PR process (we are currently running student visa - my wife is the primary applicant and doing masters at UTAS which is expensive) we might have to pay for another semester, if we do the medical after 14 weeks of her pregnancy- we might get grant of our application before March/April 2020.
do we need to tell CO about this- like requesting to extend 28 days and we might do the test after 14 weeks ?
So, my concern if someone went through this process- did u guys take the medical after 14 weeks ? if yes- then - did the medical guys took extra caution while they did the xray test? did u tell them about using extra cloth/lower the dose of the xray?
and also what was the outcome?
any answer would be appreciate.
The most important is the health of your wife and baby which you cannot risk. If doctor is saying not to do the medical, you should immediately tell the CO upon which he will extend the timelines till the delivery which will also assist you in adding the baby to your existing application for free
 
MSA
2018-08-02
Skill
261111
SC
189/190
Point
75/80
EOI
2018-08-17
Nom.
2018-11-11
Inv.
2018-11-11
App.
2018-12-22
CO
2019-03-27
PCC
2019-02-23
HC
2019-02-18
Grant
2019-06-03
IED
2020-02-20
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.
Top