Forgot to mention non-relevant experience in EOI and visa application

Good day Admin.

I just recently received an invitation for 190 from ACT. Due to the radical change that has happened and no way to confirm at the moment whether i will be affected by the change, i have decided to go ahead and accept the invite and lodged and paid for the visa.

Now, as i am preparing my documents, while filling up form 80, i realised that i did not include my employment history from nov 2006 to oct 2008 in the eoi. At the time all the while thinking that since it was not relevant to my nominated occupation anyways, stupidly not considering that the question was about the employment for the last 10 years. All i entered was my employment from feb 2009 to present.

Additionally, due to a hasty preparation, i wasn't able to include it in the visa application as well!

I am thinking to submit form 1023 to add that particular experience to the submitted visa application and include it properly on my form 80 since that i have not uploaded yet.

My questions are, first, is this the right thing to do? And second, will this issue affect the decision of my visa application. Please note that this particular information does not contribute any points to my application.

I'm really worried since this is literally the last chance for me after having my occupation removed from the skill list.

I would sincerely appreciate any advice.

Thank you very much.

Joana

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
My questions are, first, is this the right thing to do?
Yes

And second, will this issue affect the decision of my visa application.
No

Explanation:
It doesn't really matter if you missed some experience in EOI. EOI is only used for calculating your point only. So, though there was an option where you could declare any experience as "non-relevant" which is the proper way, it is not a big deal if you just exclude that by mistake. As long as you did not overclaim any point in EOI, you have nothing to worry about that.

For visa application though, you need to answer all question in details and precisely because this is the one that'll be the reference for your case in the whole processing. So, you are correct to send Form 1023 for correction in visa application form.

Yes

No

Explanation:
It doesn't really matter if you missed some experience in EOI. EOI is only used for calculating your point only. So, though there was an option where you could declare any experience as "non-relevant" which is the proper way, it is not a big deal if you just exclude that by mistake. As long as you did not overclaim any point in EOI, you have nothing to worry about that.

For visa application though, you need to answer all question in details and precisely because this is the one that'll be the reference for your case in the whole processing. So, you are correct to send Form 1023 for correction in visa application form.

Oh thank you so much MysticRiver. This made me so worried.

Do i mention the reason that i forgot it or missed it mistakenly due to considering it as a non relevant occupation?

I know you always get appreciations from a lot of people but i still want to mention how i appreciate your assistance for people like me who's struggling to file our own application.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.