SA Are all the skills in the SA occupation list eligible for visa subclass 190?

Emmanuel 2018

Wanderer
Skill
SC
489(SA)
Are the State nominated occupations list in the SA are eligible for visa subclass 190?What do they mean by telling for certain occupations in bracket(Offshore applicants 489 visa only....?)Can I apply for either 190 or 489 as I'm from India?Which one would be more good-190 or 489.Appreciate help and thanks in advance

SJR

Collaborator
Entitled Member
MSA
2018-05-09
Skill
SC
189 /190
Point
65 / 70
EOI
2018-06-21
First of all, can I suggest you make the title of your thread relevant to your question? It will make it much easier for people to decide if they want to read it and can provide a response. If you also update your timeline with (as a minimum) your ANZSCO code, helpful community members will be more able to assist.

Are the State nominated occupations list in the SA are eligible for visa subclass 190?
It depends on the ANZSCO code - check your occupation code on the list and see which visa categories it is eligiible for

What do they mean by telling for certain occupations in bracket(Offshore applicants 489 visa only....?
It means exactly what it says - for certain occupations only 489 visa nomination is available for applicants not currently in Australia

Can I apply for either 190 or 489 as I'm from India?Which one would be more good-190 or 489.Appreciate help and thanks in advance
It depends on the ANZSCO (ocupation) code you are applying under. If you are currently in India, you are an offshore applicant.

Last edited:

Emmanuel 2018

Wanderer
Skill
SC
489(SA)
First of all, can I suggest you make the title of your thread relevant to your question? It will make it much easier for people to decide if they want to read it and can provide a response. If you also update your timeline with (as a minimum) your ANZSCO code, helpful community members will be more able to assist.

It depends on the ANZSCO code - check your occupation code on the list and see which visa categories it is eligiible for

It means exactly what it says - for certain occupations only 489 visa nomination is available for applicants not currently in Australia

It depends on the ANZSCO (ocupation) code you are applying under. If you are currently in India, you are an offshore applicant.

Thank you so much SJR for your quick reply and valuable suggestions.So that means I can apply only for 489 visa.I was trying to enter timeline here but all efforts end in vain.If you don't mind could you please tell me how to do...Thank you in advance...

Manish Sharma

Commoner
MSA
2017-12-05
Skill
SC
190 (NSW)
Point
EOI
2017-12-10
Hello,

Please tell me the additional requirements for South Australia for mechanical engineer. It is listed competent plus english, thats it or something else required.

SJR

Collaborator
Entitled Member
MSA
2018-05-09
Skill
SC
189 /190
Point
65 / 70
EOI
2018-06-21
Hello,

Please tell me the additional requirements for South Australia for mechanical engineer. It is listed competent plus english, thats it or something else required.
The specific requirements will be indicated against the anzsco code.
These will be in addition to the general nomination eligibility requirements and obligations.
Read the SA nomination pages on their website for detailed info

SJR

Collaborator
Entitled Member
MSA
2018-05-09
Skill
SC
189 /190
Point
65 / 70
EOI
2018-06-21
Hello SJR ,Please disregard my previous request as the trial worked out now...Looking forward your valuable suggestions and help...Thank you
No worries. Just doing what I can to help where I think I can add value 😁
Good luck with your investigations

SJR

Collaborator
Entitled Member
MSA
2018-05-09
Skill
SC
189 /190
Point
65 / 70
EOI
2018-06-21
Hello SJR could you please tell me if the passport scanned copies are to be notarized when we send for the VETASSESS Assessment as I came to know that all the documents must be notarized scan copies...Thanks in advance....
Take a look at the VETASSESS Skills Assessment for Migration pages to check for your occupation - it's not the same for all occupations. Search using your ANZSCO code and determine the requirements specific to you :)

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.