Citizenship application and travel concern

Gary15

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi Mystic-I applied for Citizenship in Jan 2019, I have my interview scheduled for 17th Sep'19. Just wanted to clarify if i plan any overseas trip, is it advisable to wait till my interview is done? I am uncertain how it may affect my application.
Thanks
Gary

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You can travel before the interview, no issue. Just don't miss the interview.

Gary15

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi Mystic-I sat for my test/interview for citizenship on 17th sep and next day my status got changed to 'approved', I am awaiting confirmation letter now. My wife had her interview next day and the interviewer got fixated on her birth certificate on the matter of issue date, as it showed 2011(she had to reapply for one after losing the original), he let her sit for the test and requested year10 mark sheet to send through email-which she did immediately. we attempted seeking clarification on her application and was advised they cant see such request on her file and that it may get updated in couple of weeks. your thoughts? also we did put our names together to attend the ceremony, do you think the department would keep that under consideration while issuing the approval letter for both of us?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I have seen many cases where one partner gets immediate approval and another takes a few months. If you don't get an immediate approval, most likely they will send for a 3rd party security check which will result in a 1-6 months delay - most commonly around 2-3 months.

also we did put our names together to attend the ceremony, do you think the department would keep that under consideration while issuing the approval letter for both of us?
No, you should receive your approval letter within 7-10 days after the status is changed to approved in your ImmiAccount. Department will hold your invitation letter to the citizenship ceremony so that both of you can attend together.

Gary15

Wanderer
Timeline missing
I have seen many cases where one partner gets immediate approval and another takes a few months. If you don't get an immediate approval, most likely they will send for a 3rd party security check which will result in a 1-6 months delay - most commonly around 2-3 months.

No, you should receive your approval letter within 7-10 days after the status is changed to approved in your ImmiAccount. Department will hold your invitation letter to the citizenship ceremony so that both of you can attend together.
Thanks Mystic

Gary15

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi Mystic- just wanted to share the happy news- me and my wife, we both got out approval letters.we are awaiting letter from council for ceremony, hoping that should not take long. appreciate your help.
i attempted updating timeline but couldnt find the right add on link,
details of our application process i am sharing below,
online application submission 13/01/2019
test invitation email: 11/05/2019
test date :17/09/2019 (mine) 18/09/2019 (wifey)
online immi approval date: 18/09/2019 (mine) 10/10/2019 (wifey)
approval letter: 23/09/2019 and 22/10/2019
ceremony date:awaiting

good luck to everyone with their citizenship application.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.