Transaction reference number leaked to public

My transaction reference number, application I'd and file number along with email of visa officer and his name and position number is shared by unknown person in a public shop. Those details were present in a document that got shared with him. He took photocopy of my original passport along with signature page as well . Additional medical document with HAP ID also get shared. Instructions were mentioned on one of that document on how to import your immiaccount application and attach documents to it. I did not use any agent to lodge by student visa application.
I am now afraid if someone contact my visa officer and send any false information to him or import my immiaccount application by providing reference number or application I'd and start uploading false documents. What should I do in this case?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
That’s unfortunate- you should have been very careful with any confidential documents or information so that no one have access to those. I didn’t hear any case where DHA provided a new TRN, so not sure if you can do much about that except following your application carefully.

That’s unfortunate- you should have been very careful with any confidential documents or information so that no one have access to those. I didn’t hear any case where DHA provided a new TRN, so not sure if you can do much about that except following your application carefully.
Do I request my visa officer to don't allow anyone to import my application as I didn't use any agent to lodge my application. Moreover, do I now request him to not accept any documents from any other email address other than my email address provided in visa application. Would it work now?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Do I request my visa officer to don't allow anyone to import my application as I didn't use any agent to lodge my application.
I doubt if CO can/will do anything about it.

Moreover, do I now request him to not accept any documents from any other email address other than my email address provided in visa application. Would it work now?
Also, doubtful if that would work. Better to keep an eye on your application (ImmiAccount) and when you see any unauthorised document, contact DHA immediately.

You can also call DHA support (you'll get their number in DHA website) and ask them what they recommend if your TRN+Passport is compromised.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Don't think there is any major risk in terms of modifying your application because a granted application cannot be modified. There may be risk of misusing your leaked information though, not exactly sure if/how that can hurt you.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.