Victorian State Sponsorship

pravesh

Timeline missing
Hi Admin,

I have submitted an expression of Interest for 189 visa with occupation code as Analyst Programmer (261311) claiming 60 points but my application was not picked during the latest inviation round. Now i am thinking to apply for Victoria state sponshorship. I have a couple of questions regarding the state sponsorship.

1) Do i need to submit an new EOI for 190 visa or can i choose my existing EOI and select 190 application additionally. I am worried since i update the existing EOI then i might change the effective submit date as current date..

2) When submitting the State Sponsorhip do i need to provide the EOI reference number or submit the request with no EOI reference number and once i recieve a nomination i raise a new Expression of Intrest?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Pravesh,

1) You cannot have 2 subclass under same EOI. You need to submit new EOI or modify the existing one, and yup in any case your date of submission will be updated.

2) Unless the rules have changed recently, you need to apply for the state sponsorship in corresponding site and then submit EOI mentioning your state sponsorship application. No need to wait for state approval.

Thanks,

pravesh

Timeline missing
Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback.

I have one more doubt , when i was filling the state sponsorhip there is question for "How many years/months post qualification work experience do you have in your nominated occupation? *" .

For this i have I have a total of 9 years experience and ACS considered my experience after Sep 2012 which leaves me with a relevant experience of 2 years 11 months. Do i need to wait for 3 years to complete to apply for the state sponsorship?

Please advice.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You would receive 5 extra points if you touch that 3 yr. So, if you don't have enough points already, you should wait. But if you already hit that 60 points, you can apply now, and update after 1 month to gain 5 more points. The reason is, if you are lucky, you might just get invitation at 60 points and you will advance 1 month in the whole process. And if not, no harm as well, same as submitting new EOI after a month.

Kamy

Wanderer
Timeline missing
You can select both 189 and 190 in one EOI, however, when you select 190 you would be asked to select the state to which you want to be considered for 190. So you are left with only one state option in one EOI.
If you want yourself to be considered to other state nomination, you need to create a new EOI, select 190 and select the state name.
Most of the states ask you to apply to their website directly like Victoria except NSW where process is little different. In NSW, you have file EOI, wait for invitation from state, purpose of this invitation is that you can apply to NSW on their state. Once you apply to NSW and they approve then you would get EOI invitation, basically there is two level sequential invitation in NSW.
If your points are 55+5 then you can apply to Victoria or any other state, kindly note Victoria has it's own minimum number of years of experience criteria along with minimum IELTS criteria for each job code, your job code requires IELTS 7 in each section and minimum 3 years experience

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Oh right, you can submit multiple subclass in same EOI, however you need to modify your EOI which will reset your Visa effect date.

Thanks for correction Kamy.

Timeline missing
Guys,

Once we get a 190 sub-visa invite for the EOI with multiple sub-classes (eg. 189 and 190), does it need to be updated in order to have only one sub-class, in this case 190? I don't think any action is needed but reading the following above I got this small doubt...

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I think once you get invitation against any EOI, your EOI becomes locked. So you shouldn't be able to make any change, even if you want. Also. you got your invitation on certain subclass, so they know for which subclass your EOI was selected.

Timeline missing
I understand your point Mystic, but I suspect that the EOI only gets frozen when DIBP sends any formal invitation through their system. I think any 190 nomination process still allows the person to update the EOI. I got an NSW invitation but my EOI still remains 'Submitted' status. Unless I pay the NSW fees or it's final approved, once DIBP sends an invite for 190 so that it becomes locked.
I can't precise this but based in my experience.

Last edited:

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Oh right .. I misunderstood that you already got invitation from DIBP (normally it should be very quick once you are approved from State).

So in that case, once you receive your DIBP invitation, that should be issued against 190, so I don't think you have to do any change in your EOI.

As far I understand, in your EOI you put some reference number or such of your State sponsor reference, right? So, they should be automatically notified.

I have not check the whole process for some time, at least it was the case couple of years back.

Rajeev

Timeline missing
Hi Admin,

Already submitted EOI for 189+190 NSW last month.

Also, qualify for 190 Victoria State Nomination so would it be good idea to submit separate EOI 190 Vic?
Will there be any negative impact?
In Victoria state nomination form, it's asked whether I have applied to any other state so what to mention ?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
To my knowledge, there is no negative impact.

SJR

Collaborator
Entitled Member
MSA
2018-05-09
Skill
SC
189 /190
Point
65 / 70
EOI
2018-06-21
Hi, I have submitted my EOI for VIC on 7th August 2018 with 75 points for ICT business Analyst, Do I need to also apply to victoria nomination through live in melbourne website ? or wait for an online invitation as it says - "Submit an online applicationexternal link for Victorian visa nomination within 14 days of receiving the invitation ".
As an ICT BA you have to wait to see if VIC will contact you and invite you to apply for nomination. If you are lucky enough to get this invitation to apply for nomination, (this is NOT a visa invite!), you then have 14 days to submit your application and provide all the proof of your points claims etc that they ask for.
There is a lot of waiting and hoping we ICT BAs have to do!

Hi, I am a registered nurse and have submitted my EOI on the 18th April 2018. with 60 points for 189 and 65 points for 190 (Victoria) however i was not aware to also apply to victoria nomination through live in melbourne website.

please advise what should i do now.
Do we need to apply for live in Melbourne straight away or we need to wait for the invitation first???

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.